Chapter 8

7 Days

     Its been 7 days since I last spoke to Zivon. One full week. I've stayed in my room, the nightmares are worst with out him here to wake me. 

     What did Zivon mean he can't have me? I don't understand. What does he mean he has to let me go? 

     I've been avoiding him, and he's been avoiding me. 

     There isn't much to do here, so I've picked up a new hobby. Pestering the guards. Maybe it's not the wisest idea to pick on mafia men all day, but I don't care. Besides, I'm not dead yet so how bad of an idea can it really be? 

     Today I noticed there aren't many guards around, so I'm more bored than usual. I decided to explore the compound a little more, and made my way to that mystery elevator again. 

     I got inside of it, remembering the code Mr. Asshole punched in the first day I was here. 1233. I was taken downward, and the doors open with a chime. 

     After a few moments of wandering down the chilled hallways and finding nothing of interest, I heard voices coming from behind of the hallways doors. I pushed it open, just a crack, with my bare foot.  

     Through my sliver of a view, all I saw was red. I knew immediately that could only mean blood. I was about to run back to my room when something froze me, making my blood run cold.

     Zivon's voice. "Now, Geano I really don't wanna have to kill you and your family, so why don't you just tell me where the 300 killos of coke went." 

     I bumped the door further open to see this Geano man, and regretted it instantly. 'Geano' was tied onto a wooden chair, his head rolled backwards and bloody. 

     Zivon, Feliks, Bert, and some other men were in the room, but Zivon held a cattle prod in his hand. 

     A whine arose from Geano's throat,"Please man. I didn't take it. You've gotta believe me you've got the wrong guy." 

     "Hm. Well in either case you are of no use to me. Feliks, Prikonchi yego," Zivon spoke, and Feliks aimed his gun at the mans head. (Finish him)

     "NO!" I yelled, as loud as my small voice would allow. Every pair of eyes in the room turned to me, and I shrunk under there gazed. 

     I looked at Zivon."Vytashchi yeye iz neye," he said, and Bert, like the good little dog he was, followed orders. (Get her out of here)

     I looked only into Zivon's eyes, but I didn't recognize them. They weren't the same eyes I had looked into before, the eyes that I could drown in. 

      These eyes were dark, like endless pits, and I feared them. I could never let him know, but this is the first time he has actually scared me. I don't like it. 

     As Mr. Asshole drug me through the compound up to my room, I wanted to slap him. I don't know why, he hadn't done anything. But I still wanted to.

     When we were right outside my room door, I turned around and slapped him as hard as I could. Quickly, I bolted into my room and locked the door behind me.

      "What the fuck?" he screamed from the other side of the door. Pussy. Can't even take getting slapped. 

     I spent hours staring at the white wall in front of me, willing the image of Zivon torturing that man to go away. 

     I don't know what time it was when someone knocked on my door. "Come in," I said, assuming it was Feliks or Bert coming to get me for dinner of something. 

     Instead, Zivon was there. "I'm sorry you had to see that," he said hanging his head low. 

     I grunted in response, because I know if I spoke all the anger I held for him would come flooding out. 

     The truth is, I know who he is. I know what he does. I've know that since he told me his name. However, seeing it was to much.

     "Please talk to me Detka," he sounded almost... Desperate?

     "You haven't wanted to talk for the past week. So now what?" 

     "I know.. I.. I'm sorry. I want to make it up to you," he said, moving a step closer to me. "I want to take you somewhere, maybe out to eat?"

     "Wait. I just saw you torture a man, and you're asking me out on a date?" I couldn't believe him. "Your actually crazy."

     At this he laughed,"Never claimed not to be Dekta," I rolled my eyes at him. 

     "I'll have dresses sent up for you," he said, making my decision to go or not for me. He pecked me on the cheek, and like that he was gone.