10| The Good Part

Can we skip to the good part?

AJR, The Good Part

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Scarlett's POV

I promised myself that today I would confront Ethan. I've avoided speaking to him long enough. We only interact for orders, but I miss him. I need to stop being a wuss and just let it out.

Mrs. Cooper walks in and tells us, "Can you guys unbox the orders that came in this morning and restock the shelves?"

"Okay," I say, moving to the back. Ethan follows me into the room and spots the boxes.

After we finish unboxing everything, he says, "Do you want to be the one handling the products or stand on the ladder?"

"I can stand on the ladder," I say, shrugging. I carefully climb the ladder, and Ethan hands me the products.

30 minutes later, we're down to the last box. He continues to hand me the items when I notice we only have a few spots left on the shelf.

Well, if you scoot the ladder a tad bit, you could reach the end of the shelf. Nah, that's too much work. I'll just tippy-toe and stretch. If you fall and die, it's your fault.

Ethan hands me two cans, and I tippy-toe to reach the end. "Do you need to move closer?" Ethan asks, worried.

"No, I can reach it," I say, putting one of the cans on the shelf. I try to shove the other one in when I feel my feet cramp. Told you bitch.

My foot slips off the ladder, and I wait to hit the ground. Being lazy is always a bad idea. But you're not high enough to cause permanent damage.

But Ethan protectively wraps his arms around my body, and I look up. Oh, hey, Ethan caught you! Go him! We both freeze, and I blush. So like, are you gonna kiss or nah?

A few seconds later, he places me back on the ground, and I say, "Woah, that was like a crazy trust exercise."

"Did you just quote Frozen?" He asks, giving me a small smile.

"You know your Disney movies," I say with a small smile.

Since we're done with the boxes, Ethan leaves the cafe to throw them in the dumpster while I return to serving customers.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I was going on break when I saw a few girls come in. Ethan will deal with them. You're off the clock.

I'm about to walk into the break room when I hear one of the girls ask him, "Could I get your number?" This is none of your business.

"I'm seeing someone," Ethan says, politely saying no.

"So you guys aren't serious?" The girl asks. Why is she still trying?

"I'm hoping it will be when I get the guts to talk to her." He says, sighing.

"Well, if it doesn't work out, call me." She says, probably handing him her number.