4| Let the Games Begin

Let the games begin
Keep on running this shit
Be the kid for the win

AJR, Let the Games Begin

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Scarlett's POV

"So, how was your first week of school?" I ask him.

"It was okay..." He shrugs.

"Well, at least you made friends! And have one amazing bestie!" I say, clapping.

"I don't have any besties..." He says, confused.

"Bitch." I say, flipping him off.

"I'm just playing." He says, laughing. I rolled my eyes and glared at him.

Once we get inside, we put our backpacks in the break room and put on our aprons. I watch Ethan put on his pink apron and keep in a laugh.

"Don't you fucking dare laugh at me." He says, glaring at me.

I begin to laugh after he glares. How can you be scared of a guy glaring with a pink apron? I mean, he looks so uncomfortable!

"Oh, you think it's funny, huh?" He says, backing me up into a corner. Are fucking kidding me, Scarlett? You could have just bolted out of the room when he started walking towards you. I can do that now, right?

I turn to run around, but he automatically grabs my wrist and twirls me into his chest. "Why do you keep twirling me?" I ask against his chest.

"I don't know..." He says.

He cages me in the corner and leans closer. Maybe knee him in the dick? That's a little extreme, isn't it?

He smirks and starts tickling me. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I say in between laughs. "Stop it, asshole! I did not give consent to this." I say.

"I'll only stop if you say I'm your favorite person. Also that I look sexy in this apron." He says. That's some weird shit right there.

"Never!" I yell.

We hear the door open to the break room and see Mrs. Cooper. "Stop making out and do your jobs. Your shifts started 5 minutes ago." She says, leaving the room.

Ethan stops tickling me, and I ask, "Why does she keep thinking we're making out?"

"I don't know. Maybe she sees how desperate you are trying to date me." He says, shrugging.

I scoff and say, "You think I want to date you? Hell no. Because dating leads to marriage, and I would never marry you."

"You want to bet $20 on that." He asks, smirking.

"Hell ya," I say, smirking back.

He holds out his hand, and I shake it. "Deal." We say at the same time. We walk back into the cafe area and start to serve the customers.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I decided to take my break and head outside with my backpack. I take out the egg carton and ensure no one is watching me.

I'm about to open the egg carton when I freeze. Ugh. Who am I kidding? I was never actually going to egg his car. You could get arrested. Stupid laws!

I come back inside and head to the break room. "You're done with your break already?" He asks.

"Nah, I still have like 20 minutes left," I say. I'm not hungry, so I watch another episode of The Office.