Chapter Seven.

Chase

"A party when?" I question Carter shooting the ball into the hole, I look up at her holding my pool stick.

"Saturday." I shrug my shoulders, not really contemplating on if I wanted to go, but if I had anything to do.

"I'll go." She chuckles lightly dapping me up as we continue our game of pool. My mind began to slowly drift towards Alonna.

I had mixed emotions towards her, I didn't know if I wanted to hurt her or hug her. Sure, I appreciate her trying to put my on track with this project.

She needs to understand that I don't really much care for school, and my life is pretty much set out for me.

I'm not even supposed to be at that public school, none of my friends are really. Our private school tuition had already been paid and everything, we decided that wasn't for us.

That's how we ended up finding university, a school where we could just do what we wanted, and wear what we wanted.

Carter and I had discovered the school once when we were out on a tagging adventure.

We told Chance and Cam so we'd have everyone together

We've always been tight. Never let anyone break our bond. We've never allowed an outsider to get close enough to think they could come inside.

That's just how we rolled. I wouldn't trade them in for anything in the world, NOTHING.

"So I'll be picking you up Saturday then." "-In 2 days, we'll see." I dap her up as she grabs her bag. I give her a bro hug and she leaves.

I lay down in my bed, thinking. About nothing in particular but everything at once. My lifestyle is getting ready to change I can already tell.

But change can't always be that bad, change can be sort of a good thing.

I don't know, I really don't know anything at this point. I'm confused with myself right now. Who is she to make me better myself? Is any of this really for my GPA or maybe her own.

Don't over think anything Chase.

I mentally tell myself, sitting down on one of my bean bag chairs. "Fuck."

I cant let my thoughts overrule everything. Maybe she does genuinely want to help me and see my grow and become something great?

Bullshit.

No ones ever cared, everything someone's helped you with has always been for their benefit.

And if anything ever goes wrong it's always my fault. All I have to do is breathe the wrong way and someone is on my case.

I grumble shuffling over towards my bed, plopping down as I shake my head looking at the ceiling.

I lay there, my thoughts consuming me whole. My eyes begin to get heavy as I slowly slip into slumber.

-

I wake up to the sound of my alarm ringing. I jolt up, heading into the bathroom as I do my hygiene routine.

I step into my bedroom in a towel. Heading to my closet I picked out an outfit, something comfortable.