(24) •Today• (pt.1)

*unedited*
(2-23-18)

Sam's POV

Today is the day. Today is the day where I fight the withes and rouges. Today is the day... where I might never see my mates again.

It is currently 6 AM and I am standing in front of over 10,000 wolfs from other packs as well as my own. "It is very crucial that you listen to what I say. I want everyone going home today to their loved ones," I say.

"Alpha Daniels and Alpha Lucas' packs will be on the left side, while Alpha Sebastian and Alpha Donavan will take the right. The rest of you will fill in the areas. If they are an enemy, nobody escapes. Kill them all."

"What time is this taking place?" A man asks from the crowd.

"At noon. It is when the witch will be the most powerful," I explain. "Nobody is to interfere with the witch. You all can handle the rouges. And make sure they are dead before you turn to fight another."

Everyone nods. I dismiss the meeting and everyone eats and talks. We had volunteers cook tons of food for the visiting packs and ours. We have a lot of food lined up and everyone has seemed to enjoy it all.

Kole and Blake have been clinging onto me afraid that I won't make it back... The moon goddess has told the boys not to worry, but that's all they do. And I will love them forever for it.

Kole and Blake are currently talking to Alpha Daniel and his mate Luna Karen. I slip under Kole's arm and rest my head on his shoulder. He chuckles and pulls me closer kissing me on the head. "It's nice to see you again, Alpha, Luna," Sam bows.

"Ditto," Luna Karen responds. "I am glad that I have a chance to be apart of a prophecy. I'm sure that it will be an easy win for you."

I nod. "It should be, of everything goes as planned."

Hunter comes running over. "They are already there at the site," he pants. "She is setting something up."

I tense. I turn to my boys. "I love you both." I kiss them and turn to Hunter. "Take me."

I walk away but not without looking back. The boys are both on the verge of tears. It breaks my heart to see them both crying over me. It's time, I link the boys. Get into position. And I'll see you after the battle.

They nod and I disappear into the woods. "Thank you Hunter, go with the rest of the pack."

He nods and heads toward his area. I sneak up and spot the witch with my father and uncle. They are also accompanied by multiple rouges... and Katlyn and Cameron.

We're set, Kole links me.

I breathe and walk onto the field. I catch the attention of my father and he smirks. "My, my, my. You certainly have grown up to be a young women."

"How is my favorite niece?" Uncle asks. I stay silent. He takes my silence as a hint and continues, "It was really stupid to come alone. I thought we would have this big fight."

"I didn't tell them about this," I say. "They shouldn't be worried about me."

"That's where you are wrong dear," the wicked witch of the west says. "When I'm done with you, your little mates will fall to the ground, allow your father a Alpha title."

I snort and cover my laughter. "That's funny."

A hand comes flying my way, but I catch it. He seems shocked and I twist his hand behind his back. He screams in agony and I smirk. I kick him and he lands on the ground holding his hand.

It all happens so fast. The rouges come running towards me and I'm left to fight them. One by one I fight them off. There is one wolf standing in front of me. I have scratches and I can feel blood oozing out from scrapes.

I manage to take him down and I turn to face them. "Who's next?" I ask.

Cameron and Katlyn gulp making me smirk. "Hon du dela-"

I cut the witch off by putting us in a bubble like form. Everyone outside this bubble will not get hurt. My father tries to get out, but he is pushed to the ground with a hard force. "You've got your powers," the witch says shocked. She turns to Katlyn and Cameron, "I thought I told you all to keep me updated with everything!"

"We didn't know," Cameron responds. "We've been in hiding for awhile, because of your arrogant ass."

"Ha lu kre de blu," the witch finishes.

The air is taken out of my lungs and I fall to my knees. Macy?

'Let me at them'

Kole's POV

I see Sam fall to the ground and I immediately tense. 'Wait' my father links.

My wolf was completely against this. I see Sam stand up and shock the wolf. That's my girl. Suddenly the ground starts shaking and they are lifted into the air.

It looks like Sam and the witch are battling. She puts a spell on her father and uncle and is facing the girls and the witch. All we can do is watch from the distance.

We hear a high pitched scream and we all fall holding our heads. We hear an explosion from the sky and see flames explode. Excruciating pain explodes in me and I scream. Clawing at my chest trying to get the pain to go away.

5 minutes later and the pain is still there, but not as strong. Mom has Blake and I, holding us and comforting us. She whispers words into our ears and they fly out the other side.

I look out to the field for the first time and their is a big hole in the center. I stand up against my body's protest and start walking toward it. At the bottom of the hole lays everyone. Katlyn, Cameron, Sam's father and uncle, the witch, and... Sam.

I jump into the hole running my way over to her body. I pick her up and she falls limp. "No, no no no no," I shake my head, tears sliding down my cheeks. "Come on baby, wake up."

I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, "Wake up baby. You promised me. You've never broken a promise so don't start now."

I feel for a pulse, even if it's a light one. And nothing. No pulse. No color in her face. No breathing. No moving. Nothing. I hold her frame close to me. I feel Blake's presence behind me, but I make no move to look at him.

My baby is gone. My princess. My beautiful mate. As I look up with teary eyes, I notice all the Alphas and Luna's bowing their head in respect. This can't be happening.

I will love you forever and never forget you. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you.

Bellamy takes Sam's body to the infirmary to check her body. And I sit there my head in my hands... crying for my lost love.

AN: sorry guys

AN: sorry guys. I am not good at writing action scenes. And guys this is not the end. I don't feel right leaving the book off like this. 🖤❤️