24

Haru's POV

As I walked home, I was thinking about what I told Kakashi. I've honestly forgot about what I had to do and my parents after I met Naruto. But I just can't forget about my parents, after all they've done for me. I still have a job to do. 

I sighed to myself and entered the house. "Naruto, I'm home." I called. "Mom!" Naruto cheered, and hugged me. "You're finally back! I've been so bored without you here!" He somewhat whined. I smiled softly and hugged him back. 

"I'm sorry about that. Hey, have you eaten yet?" I asked. "No, why?" Naruto asked, shaking his head. "Because I'm going to treat you to some ramen." I said, smiling. "Yahoo! All right! Ramen! Ramen!" Naruto cheered. 

I giggled at his behavior and we went to Ichiraku's.

*****

"No! It's gone!" Naruto yelled, dramatically. "What's gone, Naruto?" I asked. "My ramen coupon! I could've swore I had it right here! Now, it's gone!" He yelled again. 

I sat at the table as I Naruto search for the ramen coupon. At one point, I had to stop him because he was taking off his clothes. "Naruto, put your clothes back on." I said. "Not until I find that coupon!" Naruto replied.

I sighed and saw something flutter out from behind his headband. "Huh? What's this?" I mumbled as I picked it up off the ground.

The ramen coupon! But why was it behind Naruto's headband? "Naruto," I said, tapping his shoulder. "Here." 

I showed him the coupon. When he saw it, his eyes went wide with excitement. "All right! Thanks, Mom!" Naruto said, hugging me. "No problem," I smiled. "But what was it doing behind your headband?" 

"Oh! I got nervous that it would fall out of my pocket, so I tucked it behind my headband!" Naruto explained. 'What a cute idea.' I thought, smiling. 

"Well, I'm glad you found it. Let's eat." I said. "Yeah!" Naruto agreed. We ordered our ramen and we began to eat. "Hmm..." I hummed in curiosity. "Is something wrong, Haru?" Teuchi asked. "No, nothing's wrong. This ramen... it somehow taste different." I said. 

"How so?"

"I don't know. It just taste different."

"Eh," I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess my taste buds are off because I haven't eaten for a while." I said, going back to eating the ramen. "Wait, they didn't feed you at the hospital?" Naruto asked.

"Oh, they did. I just didn't have much of an appetite there. I guess it's because of the injuries I had. It must've been messing with my stomach or something." I answered. 

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here,"

Naruto and I turned around, spotting Jiraiya by the entrance of the ramen shop. "You're finally out of the hospital." He said. "Pervy Sage?" Naruto said with his mouth full of ramen. "How did you find us?" I asked. "Let me guess: You were spying on us again?" 

"Not at all." Jiraiya said. "Then, why are you here?" I asked as he took a seat next to Naruto. "I was going on a little trip and I thought you two would like to come with me." He said. "A trip?" Naruto repeated. "Yep." Jiraiya grinned. 

"What's the catch?" I said, bluntly. "No catch. It's a mission I have to take and I could use the company." 

"Uh-huh..." I said with an amused look. "Haru, could I talk to you for a moment?" Jiraiya said. I nodded and followed him outside the ramen shop. "This mission I have to take involves the new Hokage for this village." He whispered. 

"The elders have already decided on who's going to be the Fifth Hokage? Wow, that was fast. Who is it?" I asked. "I'll tell you on the way." Jiraiya said.