Chapter FourtyEight

"Because when he sings...even the birds stop to listen."
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

A/n: I just want to put a warning here and hopefully not spoil too much! This chapter is pretty lengthy (over 6000!!) and there is some mature content at the end, I'll put a star before it so if you wanna skip it you can

A/n: I just want to put a warning here and hopefully not spoil too much! This chapter is pretty lengthy (over 6000!!) and there is some mature content at the end, I'll put a star before it so if you wanna skip it you can. Unfortunatly as its at the end once you get to that star you'll need to wait till next update for more! But the options there for you and i hope you enjoy it!

*****

I waited patiently for almost two weeks, carefully planning out what I could say and ask Zack, pondering over what possibilities I could encounter. By this point I was positive I was ready to move on with my life, not letting my past dictate what and who I wanted to do...literally.

And fortunately for me, a massive opportunity presented itself, one warm day that Gray and myself were supposed to be hanging out, binge eating and watching movies and stuff. Except, an hour into our first movie – zootropolis – Gray got called into work for an emergency. He then called Zack round to keep me company since Jasper was out training with Cole and he didn't want to leave me on my own when he wasn't sure how long he would be.

And that's how I ended up here, sitting a little stiffly beside Zack as he laughed at some stand up show that I hadn't been paying attention to at all. Instead I had been trying to think about bringing up the topic of Seth's sex life, and despite my weeks of planning, I was left with a blank mind.

Glancing to the side at Zack as he ate some more crisps. His eyes were bright as he let out another deep laugh, his eyes crinkling at the corners as his face lit up in joy. He really was one of a kind, I realised as I watched his relaxed posture.

Suddenly, his eyes met mine, blinking for a moment and his smile falling slightly.

"Everything alright?" He sat up straighter, looking away momentarily to pause the show.

"Er, yeh. Yes, I'm fine..."

"But?" He shuffled a little closer, giving me his full attention now.

"Well, it's just, I have a, thing, I've been wondering about." I hesitated, looking down in embarrassment, feeling my face and and ears beginning to heat up.

"Yeh? What about?"

"About Seth." I glanced up to gauge his reaction, seeing only slight confusion.

"About Seth? And you can't ask him?" I shook my head.

"I know he wouldn't tell me yet." I explain as Zack looks more perplexed.

"I don't -"

"He doesn't want to have sex with me." I blurted, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. There was a long, thick silence in the moments after that seemed to stretch on for an age.