Part 15

Part 15

"Alrght, let's not be too quick to place blame on people." I told Ben, who looked ready to tear the whole school down. His face was turning red and he was breathing heavily. I was starting to get worried for all those who would have to face his wrath. I never thought Ben could be so scary.

"Why not?" He fixed his eyes on me making me swallow hard in fear. I never wanted to be on Ben's bad side.

"Hey, stop glaring at my girl. She is helping you," Dash admonished. Right then, I wanted to hug him for standing up for me, despite the fact that he annoyed me to the core.

"Lauren killed Janice. I have to confront her and hand her over to the police," Ben growled, like an actual growl. I didn't know humans growled.

"And how can you be so sure? Does the diary state that Lauren killed Janice?" Dash enquired.

"No! But Janice wrote about how Lauren was not the person she thought she was," Ben answered.

"That doesn't mean anything," Tracey cut in.

"Of course it does. They were having problems. Lauren is the killer, I'm sure of it," he stated.

"You can't go around slapping labels on everyone. That is not right. We have to investigate this further. This diary was written last year. If Lauren was the killer why would she wait an entire year to kill Janice?" Dash pointed out.

What was Dash's relationship with Lauren? Why was he so quick to defend her? I would confront Lauren about this. She would have to tell me what was going on between her and my boyfriend. But first I needed to calm this crazy Ben down.

"Maybe she was looking for the right opportunity to kill," Ben said.

"Ben, calm down. It's a diary, and diaries are subjective. Maybe what Janice wrote is not true. Maybe she wrote lies about Lauren because she might be angry with her or something," I said.

"Nobody lies about something like this," Ben argued. Alright, I had to admit; being in love was looking to be scary right now.

"Of course they can. People lie about everything. You need to calm down, Ben. We will find out who killed Janice. And we will keep a close eye on Lauren. But we cannot accuse her of murder based on some diaries which might be biased," Tracey said, taking Ben's hands in hers. It took everything in me not to let my jaw drop. Was it just me or was there something going on between my best friend and Ben?

Don't jump to conclusions! Maybe she is just comforting him.

My subconscious was right. I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, it was not logical. But I could not help it. Tracey was holding Ben's hands—comforting him in times of need. And that meant something. It had to mean something. I would ask her as soon as these two left the room.

"This is taking too long, Tracey." It looked like all the anger just evaporated as soon as Tracey touched him. Something was definitely going on. I wanted Dash and Ben to leave so I could interrogate my best friend.

"I know, but we will figure it out. I promise you. And the police is investigating as well. They are taking statements from every student, whether they knew Janice or not. So relax. If you'll get worked up then we will not be able to catch the killer. You have to stay strong, for Janice," Tracey replied. Alright, she had better tell me everything when I question her because I could tell she liked Ben.

Ben nodded, releasing a deep, audible breath. "You're right. I don't know what just happened to me. I lost my mind after I read Janice's diary."

"It's alright, she was your girlfriend. We understand that." Tracey smiled. I had half a mind to kick Dash and Ben out of the room so I could get the truth from her, but I refrained; mostly because I doubted my boyfriend would appreciate being thrown out of his girlfriend's room...by his girlfriend.