Chapter 1- In

4 months before

I pull up to school in my 2010 Honda Insight, she has been my car for about a year now. I look around at all the students talking in groups and some rushing inside the school, I assume to meet up with friends.

I sigh and get out of my car, pulling my jacket closer from the cold wind of October. Ignoring all the people around me, I walk directly to my history class and sit down.

I look to the clock and see that I have 10 minutes until the bell rings for school to start. I sigh, get out my book and start reading about a dragon having a mate of a unicorn but trouble comes. The bell rings, signaling that school is starting. I put away my book and pay attention to the teacher.

While writing notes, a paper ball was thrown on my desk. I turn to see Jake Andrews, the school's bad boy and player, smirking at me. I quickly look back to my notes and keep writing, ignoring the paper ball that's on my desk.

The bell rings and I gather all my stuff, grabbing the paper ball, I walk over to Jake who is talking and laughing with his friends I tap his shoulder lightly and he turns around with confusion but soon his lips turns into a smirk. "Yes darling?" He says still smirking at me. I see his friends slowly make a circle around me.

I gulp and look down, holding out the paper ball. "I think you dropped something." I whisper, feeling small against all these huge guys. I feel him take the paper ball and I try to make a break for it but someone grabs my arm. I look back to see its Jake looking down at me with a glint in his eyes. He pulls me closer to him, "where do you think you are going darling?" I squeak when I feel his breath on my ear.

They all laugh but gets cut off by the teacher. "Mr.Andrews! What do you think you are doing!" Jake quickly let's me go and I run out of the class, not taking a chance. I should avoid him from now on.

The rest of the school day goes smoothly, I saw Jake a couple times but all he does is smirk at me while I walk faster. I'm walking to my car, deep in thought about today. "Olivia! Wait up!" I turn to see Jake jogging to me. I quickly get to my car and get in, locking it. Jake is now outside my car window signalling for me to roll down the window. He must be crazy if he thinks I will fully roll down my window. All I do is roll it down slight only for me to hear what he has to say.

"Olivia, I wanted to say sorry for how I acted in the classroom, I was just playing around. Please, let me take you out somewhere nice and we can talk. Maybe become friends." Jake pleads, looking sad.

I look at him to see that he is slowly trying to open the door, maybe not trying to make me notice. "I accept your apology bu-" I get cut off by Jake, "Thank you so much! So we can go to this club that I know of or maybe we can go to the party that is this weekend or we c-" I hold up my hand, signalling him to stop talking.

He is smiling at me brightly. "Jake, I said that I accept your apology, that doesn't mean I forgive you" His smile slowly goes down until it's an even line "And I don't have time to go out nor do I want to, especially with you. We can maybe try to be friends but I don't see a point. We are totally different people." He is frowning at me and looking slightly angry. He takes a step back looks up to the sky when he looks back at me again he is smirking. "Okay friends, that's good, see you around Olivia." He turns and walks off.

Something about him worries me, I need to stay far away from him and his group of friends. I start my car and drive home, admiring the tall trees around me. I soon pull up to my house and get out grabbing my school bag.

I walk in and see my mom trying to cook something. When I say try, I mean that she can't but she likes to think she can. I usually cook since my dad gets home from work late, he is a nurse at a clinic somewhere in town. My mother gets home from work a little before I get home, she is a third grade teacher over at the elementary.