Prologue: new tragedies

Nico di Angelo did not like his new school. 

He didn't like his principle that treated him like a child it wasn't like he didn't know a word in English. Mr. Chiron was a kind man, he believed in all his students, the best vice principle anyone could ask for. It was Mr. D. that was the issue. Nico was grateful that he would be accompanied by his sister Bianca. All of his classmates however rushed to Bianca, and left Nico in the dust.  The only ones to talk to him or make an attempt to approach him were the nerds and gamers, due to being addicted to Mythomagic. He was a bit geeky and excitable, but he was still a scared little boy that felt abandoned by his big sister.

All the popular girls that Bianca hung out with, thought it was just precious that she could only speak Italian. With the reaction of, "Aw your so cute!", When she tried to speak English. But as quickly as happiness and acceptance can come, depression and bad decisions can take it away.   

-

One night, Nico arrives home from school, though Bianca wasn't home for hours, she had recently joined a girl's archery team. But what had happened was nothing expected. The team's unofficial coach, who really was just a college student that showed up at most of their competitions, Artemis Agne. She had came to tell him what had told him what happened, a story that would haunt him in his dreams, one he would replay over and over in his head how he believed it happened, clinging to every word with his life.

"I'm so sorry Nico, but the team..." she shook her head, "I should have never brought them on campus.." she hung her head, Nico felt his bottom lip quiver, he was alone again. What now?

"Il motivo per cui non si 'e fermata la sua?!"(Why didn't you stop her?!) The girl had a blank face, though she looked genuinely sorry.  She was not clueless in the language alike everyone else at his school, she may not have understood every word but combined with his volume and tone of voice, she must have gathered the betray and anguish he felt. 

-
Nico turned inward believing nobody loved him he was unwanted, unneeded. He was taken into foster care, because his mother had died in a fire, and his father had taken off one night when Nico was a baby, and Bianca was very young as well.

He was adopted by a black woman, named Marie Levesque, she had a daughter only a year younger than him, Hazel. 

But after a year, Marie was crushed in a collapsing cavern, Hazel was the only one that came out alive, 'Why does everything I touch die?'  Nico thought one night 

Later that day, as Nico allowed his younger sister to weep over shoulder, there was a knock at the door. There was a tall man behind it; with slick back hair, kind eyes, and a black suit. He introduced himself as Hades, Nico's father...

Nico didn't believe one word of it. Saying he didn't want to hear it, but Hades made himself heard. Saying he didn't want to leave his mother, but had to. He said he loved him, his sister and mother so, so much. Nico went crippled at the fact he hadn't heard in what seemed like years, but here they were. He asked Nico if he wanted to join him and fly to America to live with him in New York. Nico was taken aback. That was where he had lost Bianca and he'd left that life behind when he moved to San Francisco and in with Hazel and Marie. 

However he does agree,under the condition Hazel moved in as well, after a short council with her.
_

Nico finds himself in a dark room, it wasn't exactly created special, but it seemed like it, with black walls, blank, crying for decor.  While Hazel's contrasted with white, and paintings of her own, that she painted personally. 

He looks out the window and sighs, he goes out to help load their things from Miss Levesque's manor. Hazel and Hades, leave to get a look at the neighborhood, they invite Nico but he automatically turns it down, picking up one of the last of the boxes. Nico may have known a bit of English but was not fluent, he would be better off by himself.

He found himself grabbing the edges of a particularly large box. Unable to see anything in front of him. He feels warm hands touch his cold ones, he would have dropped the bow, if not for the quick hands of the mystery person. He puts the box down. "Gotta be careful." The boy smiles.

"Grazie" Nico returns the smile,
"w-what?"
"Oh I mean, thanks," There was that smile again.
"oh" he replies, "you new in town?"
Nico shrugs, staring down at his black converse. 
"I can help you unpack if you like. My names Will by the way," 
"I'm Nico, Nico di Angelo"