Chapter 11: I'm not dead

As David exited the graveyard, two women approached him. They began talking for a while. Vermon noticed that they would sometimes point at her then nod their heads and point at her again. David was doing wild gestures with his hand and removed his hat then pointed at Vermon again. After they said goodbye, the two woman walked into the graveyard.

"Hi, I'm Tabitha and this is my sister, Samantha," she said to Vermon. "We were wondering if it was possible to speak with my son. He died in 1996. He was only 8. I just want to tell him I love him. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye the day he died."

"Su-" Vermon was cut off by her mother.

"We do charge ma'am," Jacqueline said.

"Mom!" Vermon said. "We have enough money at the moment."

Jacqueline glared at Vermon. "I do the talking, sweetie." She looked at the two woman. "I'm sorry. We do own a business. Excuse us, now."

"Wait," Samantha said, placing her hand on Jacqueline's shoulder. "I have 75 dollars. Please, we ask for your kindness and mercy."

Jacqueline thought about it for a second. She nodded. "Sounds fine."

The conversation between Vermon, Tabitha, and her son lasted a good twenty minutes. Her son, Vladimir talked about how much he missed her and thought about her. Tabitha told him that she left his room the way it was when he died. The conversation was beautiful and Vermon enjoyed it, until Valdmire said it was time to go. That struck Vermon as odd. Very odd. Where did he have to go and why? Where does the dead go? What does the dead do? She was curious.

The two woman thanked Vermon, gave her mother the money, then left. Jacqueline placed the money in her pocketbook. "We are going to make a fortune."

"He son said he had to go," Vermon said. "Where did he go?"

Jacqueline shrugged. "Beats me. I'm not dead."