Chapter Twenty Four- Delora Means Sorrow

Okay I know I haven't been uploading and I'm so sorry! but I'm trying!
-Bayleigh:)

Once arrived at Point View Gym I head to the doors where the fighting awaits. People are standing in a huge line, waiting to get inside to experience the rush. I stroll to the front to see one of the usual bouncers, Bennett.
"Hey Bennett sorry I'm late can I get in please?" I plead to Bennett.
"Hey Tessa! And of course! Hurry though before all the tough matches are taken up and be careful tonight." Bennett informs me. I nod okay to him and then head inside.
    Right when I walk in I hear the sounds of people groaning in pain, and huffing with each punch or kick they throw. I can smell the sweat and blood that's filling the gym's air. And everywhere I look I see bookies, announcers, fighters, and crowds forming around each fight. I feel a rush of adrenaline flash through my body, excited to begin tonight's fun.
I walk over to a announcer whose nametag says his name is Bennett.
"Hey I need a opponent to fight." I tell him.
He looks up at me, looks down at his clipboard, then back up at me. "Name?"
I roll my eyes, this guy must be new, "Delora"
When it comes to fighting you should always use a fake name or a stage name. In my case mine was a stage name. Although a few people knew my true identity.
Bennett gives me a strange look but searches for my name on the list. "Okay Delora, you'll be fighting Gonzalo."
I scoff then let out a cold laugh " Is that seriously his name? Battle Genius?"
"Is that what his name means?" Bennett asks confused.
I nod. " Yes, Gonzalo is Spanish for Battle Genius or War Elf."
"And what does Delora mean?" He asks curiously.
I look him dead in the eyes and reply " Delora means sorrow. It comes from the Spanish origin."
"And what are you sorrow for?" Bennett asks.
"That's none of your business, so please tell me who I am fighting after Gonzalo." I snap.
" After Gonzalo you'll be fighting Sparks and then that's all you have tonight." Bennett informs.
I nod my head and then ask him how long until my fight. Bennett tells me about ten minutes so I head over to the bookie to see how many bets have been placed on me.
"How many bets on Delora for her match with Gonzalo?" I ask him.
"Nine hundred and fifty six on Delora. Seven hundred thirty three on Gonzalo." He replies.
I nod my head. "And for Deloras match with Sparks?"
"Delora a thousand and three, Sparks nine hundred ninety eight. Man that's gonna be a close match." The bookie tells me.
Hearing him say that it makes me nervous. I can't lose tonight, if I do Julio will do something and I need the money as well.  I head over to my ring and get ready to fight this Gonzala guy. As I think of his name I laugh to myself, battle genius, ha!
I stand outside the ring and the crowd begins to form, ready for our fight  to begin. I practice some swings and kicks as I wait for Gonzalez to appear. About five minutes the announcer crawls into the ring.
"Alright everyone settle down!" He yells into the microphone. " First rule of  underground tournament ; you do NOT talk about underground tournament!" The announcer yells to the crowd, quoting Tyler Durden from Fight Club. " Nah I'm just fucking with y'all! So now let the fight begin!" He cheers.
The crowd shouts and cheers for a minute or two before the announcer calms them down again.
"Now let's get the fight started! First up the battle genius himself, GONZALO!" The announcer cheers.
Gonzalo walks out from the crowd and hops into the ring with a smug smirk on his face. I roll my eyes this guys an ametaure.
"Next up the beautiful, strong, and favored Delora!" The crowd screams and I jump up into the ring.
"Okay you know the rules. Now let the fight BEGIN!" He yells before getting out of the way.
    I look in the eyes of Gonzalo to see that his eyes are clouded with anger, and hatred. He looks at me with hate and disgust, the way I look at Valentino. Gonzalo fights for a reason I can see that through his eyes, but it's not my place to say something.
    I brush away the thoughts and begin to circle around him holding my fists up ready for him to throw the first punch. I watch his body movement carefully and analyze his stance and steps. His left leg takes a step forward and he goes for the punch as I duck. I swiftly turn around while his back is still facing me and kick him in the back of the leg, causing him to fall on his back. He groans and I climb on top of him and begin punching. As I'm caught in the moment Gonzalo takes me off guard and flips us around, so that he's now on top. He goes to swing and I turn my head so he misses and the force goes into the mat. Gonzalo winces at the pain and grabs his hand almost immediately. Taking my advantage I shove him off of me and quickly stand up. Gonzalo is now on his knees, still grabbing his wrist, and I'm standing tall before him. I kick him in the face with much force and then add in a punch. Wiping the sweat off my forehead I turn back to see him laying on the matt with his eyes shut.
"And the winner is Delora!" The announcer yells as he holds up my hand while some guys go and drag Gonzalo out of the ring.
The people in the crowd cheer others curse, angry about losing their bets. The crowd soon disappears and I head over to the bookie to claim my winnings.
"Good job kid." The bookie tells me handing my money.
I nod and thank him then turn to go watch some other fights, but guess what happened... You guessed right! I fell on my ass!
I growl but look up to see Seth looking down at me.
Oh shit this will be interesting...