Chapter 23

"Xavier no. Leave, please. I need to study." I say exasperated as Xavier barges in my room through the plank. It's a Saturday again and I don't plan on wasting it debating with Xavier West.

"Oh, Sammy. You are no fun. How much are you gonna study anyways? You spent the last weekend being a book worm." He reminds and memories of my confrontation with Chase flash in my mind.

"So what do you suppose I do? Walk on that death bar and go irritate people like you?" I say sweetly and he rolls his eyes.

"Nope. We could go somewhere you know. Like that place in the woods?" He suggests and I actually think over. I am tired of studying too. I might as well go out somewhere.

"Okay...I'll take a break," I conclude and his eyes light up. Somehow that causes flutters in my stomach. 

"Finally you are up for some fun." He says and I raise my eyebrows.

"I'm not sure I agree with your idea of fun," I say suspiciously and he gets up.

"Chill. I'm not gonna take you to a drug dealer's crash pad or something, Just meet me down in 5 minutes. I gotta take a few things from home." He says and jumps out of the window. I pull him by his t-shirt and drop him back in my room.

"There is no need to go on the death bar when you can use the door." I admonish and he grins.

"I knew you love me too much." He says smugly and I roll my eyes though a part of me feels the goosebumps. He winks and leaves my room and I just run a comb through my hair and change into a black tank top. I get down, put on my denim jacket and lock my house, seeing Xavier already seated in his car.

"So where do you want to go?" Xavier asks and I shrug.

"Surprise me." 

"Okay. As you wish." He grins and starts the car and I doubt if I'm going to return back alive.

"Woah! This place is amazing. I have never been here." I stare dumbfounded at the sea that lies ahead of the cliff. It took us an hour to be here, but now I see it's totally worth it. The air around is cold yet warm and it rejuvenates my entire self. Xavier is staring ahead too with a grin on his face. I look around and once again the view takes my breath away. We stand a few feet away from Xavier's car. The area behind me is of the woods. The same ones where that clearing is situated. I thought we were going there first but then Xavier drove past that area.

The place on both my sides is clear and rocky, just like a deserted beach. And then there is a small cliff in front me, the last piece of land before the wide crystal clear ocean. I also see a sign board with 'Cliff Edge' written on it. I take in the surrounding, once again marveling at how many amazing places Xavier knows despite shifting recently. There is an aura of wildness and jocundity all around and I instantly feel myself letting go. There is peace yet thrill and it seems like a totally foreign feeling since I'm feeling it after so long.

"Told you there are better things to do than becoming a bookworm on a weekend." Xavier teases me and I laugh.

"I must say, I'm really impressed and surprised," I say.

"Well, your welcome Sammy." And I can hear the smugness in his voice.

We stand there for a while, walking and looking around. Xavier gets a chocolate bar from the car and we share it after smudging each other's faces with half the bar.

"Come on Sammy, let's have fun some now," Xavier says and I look at him confused. He gets up from the hood of his car and removes his t-shirt. My eyes widen and I try to look away from his flawless muscled back.