Speechless

I silently closed the door behind me.

"What?" I asked Brooke.

"Not here, Jo. Let's just walk on the beach." She said softly.

Why is she acting like that? It's kind of weird.

"Fine." I said.

We walk on the beach for awhile when she started speaking.

"Sorry for being mean and acting like that." 

"Oh, you've notice." I said.

"Jo,...I have cancer. And I agreed to my father to marry you couz that was the only way for me to get away in there. I just want to enjoy my life. In there, they wouldn't let me do anything. My father would say drink this and that so I'll get better. But I know I'll die soon. I can feel it. So sorry if I was a bitch to you. Kath knows I have cancer. I told her not to tell anyone couz I don't want them to know my weaknesses. That's why I was like that, I just thought being bitch can make me feel strong or something." She finishes, staring in the ocean.

Why is she telling me this now? I couldn't reply and she continued." You really care for her, right? She really is a good person. Nicest even. I kinda heard your talk awhile ago."

"Who?" I asked.

"Katherine."

"Oh."

"Is she good kisser? I can find out for myself." She teased then wink.

"Don't you dare." I threaten her.

She smiled." She's special. No one's like her. So you should not let her go. I know you care for her. More than you should."

DEDICATED TO THAT PERSON FOR..SOMETHING, I GUESS. :p