Missing (edited)

I woke up not to my alarm but to my mate's incessant coughing. I tried blocking it out so I would at least be able to get five more minutes. He sounded like an old man who smokes a pack a day clearing his throat. I glared at him hoping that my evil eye would help him stop coughing. He looked a little flushed so I put my hand on his forehead, he was obviously sick. He may only have a little cold but I was not risking him getting any sicker. That could mean that I would get sick too. I got out of bed as carefully as I could trying not to wake him up. I left the room to go downstairs for breakfast.

"Mark is sick," I said looking at his mom, she just rolled her eyes and shook her head. "That boy gets colds so easily, I'll let him stay home today but tomorrow he is getting his butt out of bed." She said looking back down at the eggs she was making, "Want any?" She asked me, I nodded my head and then ran back upstairs, I needed to get dressed as silently as I could trying not to disturb him. I put on the white dress that was folded neatly on the chair and grabbed a pair of boots and a pair of clean underwear. I went into the bathroom and started my shower, cleaning myself with Mark's soap I smelled like a man. I really needed to bring my stuff from my house. Why does it always feel like men's hygiene products have like 17 uses but still turns you into a dry and crusty person? 

When I got out I ran product through my hair and slipped on my clothes I grabbed Mark's leather jacket and went down the stairs, I was surprised that he didn't even stir in the time that I was in the bathroom. He really must not be feeling well, the past few days he couldn't sleep when I wasn't there.

I saw Mark's mom dancing around, she looked up at me and smiled at me. I sat down and she slid a plate of eggs in front of me. I gobbled them up in an instant, I was ravenous. She just giggled at my ways, "Does he not feed you or something?" She asked me trying to cover up the laugh she was hiding. I laughed along with her, it was kind of funny. I went out the door grabbing my backpack on the way, I got into my car and started the drive to school. 

I already miss Mark.

When I pulled up to the school I could hear the whispers talking about if Mark and I broke up already, the girls were probably the most vicious about it. I wanted to tell them off but they were just curious, everybody in my pack who knew bowed their head when I passed as a sign of respect. I didn't know if I could get through this day today, so I just turned around feeling sick. I ran to the forest, once I was deep in the forest I stripped down to my underwear and shifted into my wolf. I started prancing around when I heard a snap that was not caused by a little bunny. I looked up in time to see an older man with a tranquilizer gun pointed at me, he pulled the trigger and I remember mind linking Mark telling him I love him then going into the blackness.

Mark's POV-

"Oh my little baby is sick well I got you some soup, I hope that chicken noodle is still your favorite." My mom said bringing a huge bowl of soup into my room. I wished that it was my mate who was taking care of me but I know she was at school, I just wish that school would be over and done with soon. I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 8:00, I have to wait till 3 so it would be awhile. I heard the phone ringing from the other room, and my mom went to go get it.

I leaned back and closed my eyes for a few moments and just let myself rest. I could have gone to school but my concerned mate would not let me. I was proud of her for taking care of me slightly, I knew that I could always count on her to be there for me. For some reason, something in the back of my head something was off. I blamed it on Kate for not being here to take care of me.

My mom knocked on my door, "that was the school," She said looking at me, "they said that Kate was not there today, do you know where she is?" I shrugged my shoulders and instantly felt concerned for my mate. There was no note telling us if she would go somewhere. I grabbed for my phone to see if she texted me or left a voicemail. There was nothing there, I sighed.

The panic in the back of my head started to grow stronger and stronger. I heard her voice saying that she loved me and that's when I knew something was wrong. "Mom we need to get the pack together now." I could tell that my alpha voice was coming out, part of me felt bad for talking to my mother that way but if it was for my mate I did not have a problem stepping on any toes. 

My dad hearing the commotion came into the room. 

He walked in the room "What seems to be the problem sport?" He asked me like nothing was wrong, everything was wrong. "MY MATE IS GONE!" I yelled at him, he looked at me concerned. "Well where is she?" He said looking around like she was going to pop out of nowhere like this was a huge joke. I explained to him all that I knew and his face grew paler with everything I added on.

"I'll call the pack." He said.