Brother (edited)

AN- this chapter has been changed! I have one more chapter to edit and then I will be done (there might be a second round of editing but hopefully this story is better! 

Mark's POV-

I drove as fast as I could, pack members who were in the force were clearing the road ahead of me. My jaw was clenched as I ran multiple red lights. The longer I took to get to her the more concerned I got. While she did not sounds like she was in trouble, and who even knows if she just went for a run for too long I still had feared. Fear that was deep in my heart, fear that she would never be held by me again. Fear that she would never laugh or joke around with me. These thoughts made me push my car to go faster. If I could run in my wolf form I would have but we did not want to deal with the people freaking out at a pack of wolves. 

When we got to the house she was at an hour later I was confused. It was a bright yellow farmhouse. It looked pleasant but looks could be deceiving. I ran to the door, I didn't even knock before I broke it down. My wolf was satisfied with my harsh reaction. 

I heard my beautiful mate's voice lightly laughing, "It was open dear." she yelled. I paused looking at the door laying on the ground like it was some foreign object.  One that was ruining my happiness. I really could have just behaved like a normal person and turned the door handle. I slowly walked in, eyes searching for my soulmate. Eyes searching for danger, just in case. 

That's when I saw her smiling,  casually sitting next to an older man. Eating. I couldn't contain myself, I ran to her. I grabbed her with the intention of never letting her go. "I'm so sorry," I muttered into her hair. She smelled so sweet. 

She smiled up at me calmly, as if she wasn't just stolen from me. This was one of the most confusing moments in my life. This girl was kidnapped, yet shes just sitting around the kitchen like she's home. "There's someone who I would like you to meet." She whispered in my ear. I grunted at her as if I would let her go? She just laughed at me, "my love don't you want to meet my family?" That did make me pull away. "what are you talking about your parents, and brothers, are all outside?" The man who was sitting by her looked up at what I said. At that moment he got a phone call and excused himself. 

"You don't understand, this is my uncle. Everyone thought he was dead, but he's alive and he was so desperate to meet me" She said smiling. My confusion was even greater than before.

As the man was getting done with his phone call he smiled up at Kate and ordered a few orders of shrimp. My mate started to dance around and giggled. I held her in my arms so she could calm down so I might understand what was going on. I burst in here expecting to do some crazy wolf moves and instead I am getting Chinese food. The man looked up at me and extended his hand, "Hello I'm Kate's uncle, I'm sorry for the whole kidnapping thing it was mostly a miscommunication. You must be Mark, Kate has been telling me about you." He said to me. I slumped down in the nearest chair and had him explain to me the whole story from the start.

By the end of the story I could understand why Kate was so accepting of him, I looked at her smiling at her uncle and I knew what I had to do. "Well any family of Kate's is family of mine, you are welcome into my pack whenever you want. You can live here because this is your home or you could buy a house in our pack whichever you would like to do. We have many pack jobs that you could do. In fact, you could become a part of my security team since it was so easy for you to take my mate." Kate threw her body into my arms. "Oh thank you so much!" She screamed at me. I took her hand and gently led her out of the room as she started to cry. I did not want her to cry any more tears. 

Kate looked at her uncle, "are you ready to see your brother?" she asked him, you could tell that she wanted to bring them together. I know the love she has for her brothers so I can only imagine how excited she was. "Do you think my brother wants to see me?" Her uncle asked her. I felt pity for the man. Her response was to just grab his hand and bring him outside.

As we stepped out everyone was paying attention to the door. Kate's father looked up, shock painted his face.

"Brother?" He said, unsure of himself. her uncle walked towards him and embraced him. "I have so much to tell you." I saw my mate roll her eyes at the pair of them.

"Are you ready to go home love?" I asked her, she smiled up at me with tears rolling down her face and nodded. "I'm so happy that my dad can have his brother again. I felt like his brother dying made him incomplete as a person. I could not imagine if one of my brothers died." She leaned on my shoulder finally calming down.

"I love you." She whispered. "I love you too," I said back to her. 

That's when the Chinese delivery man drove up, "Did anyone order 3 servings of shrimp and chow mein?" My mate broke from my arms and did a little celebration dance for her shrimp.

Maybe I should have left her with her uncle.