Side Story: Arc 4 Prologue

This is a prologue of arc 4 that I made a long time ago. I'll put this here to make it more accessible.

***

This Christmas, we were visiting grandpa's house in the countryside. I was so excited as this will be my first time there. Well, at least, only for me.

I found out that we lived there in the past, so it was like visiting the old house. Since I didn't have any memory of it, it could be said that this will be my first time there.

I was wondering what kind of place the old home was, but who could have guessed that I would meet someone quite unusual there.

I was playing in the snow when I saw a Harley drive inside and park inside the front yard. A man went down from it and took his helmet. It was that moment when I was enchanted by his look.

A siberian cat was revealed behind that helmet. He had silver fur that looked soft and shiny, a lush and majestic mane, luminous purple eyes as if they were made of amethyst, and a tall build. Looking at his posture that was covered by a tight white t-shirt behind his open jacket, he was like a manifest of a greek statue if they had fur.

It was the first time I saw that person, but somehow he looked familiar.

I was mesmerized by his look that I didn't realize he walked to me. Before I knew it, I was lifted by his firm arm while my face was right in front of him.

"Kevin!" He called me with a warm smile on his face and laughed. "Finally we meet again!"

I was beyond surprised when he lifted me, but then he hugged me with one hand as the other still lifted me under my things. "I miss you so much."

I like men, and this person was way beyond my standard. It was to the point when I could throw away those big cats on my rank list just to place him on the top, even though he was a house cat. And that said person came to me, lifted me easily, and hugged me. This was like a dream come true.

But still, I manage to preserve my rationality. Even though there was a handsome cat who showered me affection right in front of me, he was still a stranger, at least for me. So I asked him an obvious question, despite my heart beating faster than usual.

"W-Who are you?"

"...You really don't remember me?" It took a moment before he released his hug. He looked at me with eyes filled with hope and sadness. "We have been together for a long time. We also met just not long ago."

Our eyes met each other. I didn't know, but this person in front of me really looked familiar. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember anything as my mind was also in a mess right now.

Realizing I really didn't recognize him, he sighed.

"I guess it is true that you lost your memory. What a shame."

"...I'm sorry."

I didn't know what I was sorry for, but somehow something inside of me told me I have to apologize. He looked like someone who just found his long-lost friend, only to find out that the person himself didn't recognize him.

He shook his head. "No, don't apologize. It's not your fault that you lose your memory."

Even though he was smiling, he still looked down. He couldn't seem to hide his disappointment. Because of that, the guilt inside of me resurfaced again. It feels like I was robbing someone's place, and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Even so, I'm sorry."

I apologize again, even though this seems to be a useless attempt since he probably didn't know what I was apologizing for.