chapter 10

As time is going by, some people wanted to stay and play around in the pool while the other half decided to get out.

The party is still at an all time high. As I get out of the pool I ask August could I throw some of his clothes on since I was getting cold.

As I am going to Augusts room I hear a whispered conversation between a few girls.

"Yeah I know right, I can't believe he's actually settled down" one of the girls dressed as a bunny says.

"I mean we literally had sex right before they got together. Like he was literally cheating on Alissa CONSTANTLY" a girl dressed as a fairy says.

"It's only a matter of time before he steps out on her" a girl dressed as a witch says.

"Not if Carol beats us all to it" the girl dressed as a bunny says. After that comment they all roar in laughter.

I admit my heart did hurt a little from their gossip. But that was his past and I trust him, until he shows me a reason not to.

As I am in his room switching into his basketball shorts and muscle shirt to cosplay as a basketball player, I hear the door open.

I peak out to see it's Carol. She smiles wide and then a look of disappointment crosses her face.

"Oh it's you, what are you even doing in here?" she questions me as she steps closer to me.

"What am I doing in my boyfriend's room? Oh I don't know, that seems like the kind of question I should be asking you" I say as I step closer.

"You know, your piercings and bad girl attitude doesn't scare me, he'll be back in my bed in a records time" she says as she smirks.

As we were vicious with our words we didn't hear the door open.

"You know he doesn't love you, he's PRETENDING, he's in love with me, he fucks me every chance he gets. He did it when you were nonexistent and as recent as when he was with that slut bag Alissa. So no I'm not the other woman you are so do your role and step out of my way, August is MINE" she says with emphasis.

"Now was that before or after you were with Brock? No wait it was during your relationship. You're over here calling Alissa a slut bag when she did nothing but love and you did nothing but be deceitful to the ONLY person who cares for you. You're way out of line and I've tried to play nice for Brock's sake, but I wonder how he would feel to know this information?" I say seething.

"I would probably feel like an absolute waste of space. Now that's how I would feel" Brock whispers out.

We both look in his direction, me with pity and sadness on my face. Carol with a look of guilt but a form of relief.

I go chase after him because I know exactly where he's heading.

"BROCK WAIT! WAIT BROCK WAIT!" I yell as I'm trying to run over to him.

He stops in front of everyone, then looks me right in the eyes and it looks as if he didn't know what was real anymore. Those eyes had a rainy day beat.

"IS IT TRUE? Is it true Lavender? That my best friend and the love of my life have been FUCKING since I have been with her, since I have been IN LOVE with her?" he cries out to me.

I look down stuck on what to say and look back up to him with my eyes watered and my mouth open.

"TELL ME IS IT FUCKING TRUE?" he asks me physically shaking and grabbing onto me like I'm his only hope.

"Y-yes it's true, it's true- I'm so sor-" I stuttered out to him.

"And you knew Lavender, you knew" he says with full on tears running down his face.

His emotions shift as I feel a presence behind me. I look behind me to see August smiling wide but it falters as he sees my tear stained cheeks and Brock's look of heartbreak and anger.

Silence.

Brock then lunged at August with me being toppled over in the process.

He punches August over and over, with the background music of teenagers egging them on and Carol screaming for Brock to stop.

I just stood there stoic and shocked. Stoic because August made his bed and now he has to lay in it. But shocked because he didn't fight back but instead he looked at me, a stare of betrayal and hurt.

I shake my head and as I see Landon and his friends I yell for them to break it up.

Landon gets them apart but Brock is still trying to go after him.

Simultaneously, August stands up and spits blood on the floor while Carol rushes to Augusts side.

August then does the most out right disrespectful shit I have witnessed.

He grabbed Carol by her waist and kissed her. Like full on made out with her in front of the whole party. People looking at me, some looking at Brock to see if we would react.

I look over to Brock to see him just void. He grabs my arm to lead me out of the party.

Me, Brock, Landon and his friends leave the party.

I look back and pause to see if they were still at it.

He looked at me with so much anger and then smirked as he captured her lips again.

Landon snatched a bottle of vodka that was around and we all walked out of that shit fest.