prologue

"You were nothing when I met you and you mean nothing now"

Those were the words spat at me by my soulmate, or at least that's what I thought until I saw evidence of his dishonest ways.

Living in an abandoned house with a ghost family is the mantra I tell myself and everyone who bothers to ask.

Lavender, my mother's favorite flower which led to her pickled brain to name her first and only child. Dad isn't in the picture, such a cliché, a girl with daddy issues who searches for love in everyone she meets no matter the horrendous personal traits they show.

My mom is at rehab but since I'm 18 as a junior in high school I wasn't taken by the state. Your math isn't off, I failed the 1st grade. It seems when you're loading up your mom's baggage from her drunken voyages all into the night with no one to take you to school it gets hard to actually learn anything.

So I moved into a one bedroom, one bathroom with the help of my summer jobs at the movie theatres and my current jobs as a waitress and stocker at the local music shop.

Always moving like the wind to keep myself afloat so I never had the time to make relationships, platonic or romantic.

But people say change is good right?