chapter 8

We are breaking a sweat setting up Augusts house for the Halloween party tomorrow night.

Brock and Carol are here along with the rest of the jocks doing heavy lifting. We were working for a few hours before we decided on chilling out in the living room drinking some alcohol August had opened already.

As August has his head in my lap I hear Brock say, "So how's it going guys, the whole boyfriend and girlfriend thing". After he says that Carol rolls her eyes and gets up to go the kitchen while staring August down.

"It's going great, he's been the best" I say as I play with his hair and he kisses my hand before he excuses himself to the kitchen.

"Between me and you I think something is up with Carol" Brock says.

"Why do you say that?" I ask concerned.

"Well she seems more standoffish and it's way easier to piss her off about something that she would've laughed at in the past. I'm scared I'm losing her" he says.

"Look, I love you Brock and I want the best for you. If you're not feeling it anymore then maybe you should talk to her and decide from there?" I say.

"Maybe you're right, I wonder what's taking her so long" he says.

"I'll go check on her" I say as I move from my seat to the kitchen.

On my way to the kitchen I over hear Carol and August talking.

"I mean why are you even kidding yourself. She's not good for you. I'm good for you, I know you're in love with me you're just too scared to say it" Carol says.

"I don't know what meds you're on but you're farther away from the truth. I got over you a long time ago and that night we spent together was a regret. We were both vulnerable" August says.

"Oh really? Is that why you texted me the night after saying we should do it again. Saying you're tired of her treating you like shit. Saying you only had eyes for me and that's why you strung Alissa along" Carol says heated.

"Look, what's done is done. Lavender is my girlfriend, I- I have very strong feelings for her and I haven't felt this way about anyone, not even when I was fucking you" August says.

"And you know what's really fucked up. You're still dating my best friend, stringing him along, breaking his heart and for what? You picked your choice and now that you're bored with him you want to treat me as a second option? I don't think so. So leave me the fuck alone" August says.

I hear footsteps come closer and August appears infront of me.

"Lav-" He stutters out.

I walk closer to him, bring him down to my height to kiss him, a kiss full of care and gratitude.

"You're a great person you know. I'm not saying that because you're my boyfriend but what you've done, you're growing from it and I'm proud of you" I say as I take him to walk to the living room.

When I looked back at him I swore I saw a look of pure adoration as he gripped my hand tighter like he was afraid I would disappear.

Everyone left which left me and August in his room.

While he's in the shower I look through his closet for something to wear to bed. I see a 'Pierce The Veil' t-shirt so I throw that on and a pair of his clean boxers.

He comes out with nothing but a towel and it feels like all the air has been sucked out of me. And judging by his face he felt the same way looking at me.

"I see you've made yourself comfortable, I like that look on you" August says as he comes up to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I was going to say the same thing" I say as I trace the lines of his abs. I swore I felt him flinch which brought a smile to my face.

"Don't start something you can't finish" he says as he picks me up by my ass and sits up on the bed.

As I'm straddling him it is very obvious the only clothing he has on is a towel.

I start kissing his neck making sure to leave a hickey. As I do I feel him moving his hips, which made me whisper in his ear.

"Should we get Wingstop?"

Which made him roll his eyes but he agreed and he got dressed.

We are sitting in his bed devouring our food before I hear my phone vibrating signaling a call.

It is closer to August so I ask if he can pick it up. He does but his mood changes.

"What's up? Who is it?" I ask.

He dismisses my question and answers the phone in an annoyed tone, "What do you want?"

I wipe my hands off and climb over to get my phone. August is trying to move the phone out of reach, so I straddle him in order to get it from him.

"Hello?" I say still straddling August.

"I don't think your boyfriend likes me very much smokey" says Landon.

"Oh, of course he does he just takes sometime getting used to new people" I say as I kiss his cheek to get him to calm down. Instead he slaps my ass.

I yelp but collect myself to say, "To prove it to you, he is throwing this Halloween party tomorrow and you should come, bring friends too, everyone will be here" I say and looked over to see an aggravated look on Augusts face.

"Really? He'll be okay with it? I don't want any trouble" Landon says.

"Yeah totally, and since I invited you, technically you wouldn't be stalking me" I say laughing and August slaps my ass again.

"Okay well send me the details and I'll hit you up later" Landon says.

We say our goodbyes and hang up as I look into August eyes.

"Is it a problem if I'm friends with Landon? Because if it makes you uncomfortable I'll stop" I say.

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust him. You guys met when we were going through a rough patch and that makes me a little weary of the whole situation" August says while caressing where he slapped me.

"You're the only person I want, and I'll reassure you until you understand it" I say looking into his eyes.

"I don't know if it's too soon but I-" He hesitates like he wants to say something.

"I want you to meet my parents .. sometime soon, when they're in town, I want to set that up" he blurts out.

"Oh uh okay, that sounds good, I would love to" I say smiling while kissing him all over his face.

He laughs and we let our bodies communicate our feelings and then embrace each other as sleep overcomes us.