Part 10: Endowment.

.....Now, thank gentle heaven!

These things, with all their comfortings, are given

To my down-sunken hours, and with thee,

Sweet sister, help to stem the ebbing sea

Of weary life."

(Endymion)

-John Keats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I didn't expect you to read my book just so you can appeal to me."

Jimin texted back Jungkook, without actually meaning to, himself not being able to believe his own eyes, for the younger touched his heart with the very words he knew and read. Jungkook was happy to receive a kind of response from the older, but still is in deep remorse for what he'd said, but with a tint of determinism to make things right.

"Is there any way I can possibly plead for forgiveness; I know words, once they escape can't be taken back, but I was foolish, Min... I know that. Please...give me a chance to make this right."

Jungkook texted, not expecting the older to reply at all, but he did get a reply,

"Kook... I... I will forgive you, in fact I already have; But don't expect me to return right away. I need... To sort things out with myself before I go back.", Jimin replied, sighing and leaning on his bed; The only thing he needs to sort out is his love, love for the Maknae, for now he is sure that everything for him will end in vain after the younger's painful words.

"Thanks, Min. Call me whenever you can?", Jungkook texted, smiling a little while Jimin texted back a 'Mhm' With a smile on his face.

That's when Jimin's mother popped out of nowhere, "OMG is that Jungkookie?! I want to talk to the cutie, too!", she leaned over to his phone, standing next to his bed holding a coffee, making Jimin hold his chest and bolt in surprise, "Geez mom! You scared me!", making his mother sit next to him and engulf his hand, which is on his chest, on hers, and said with a perturbed voice, "You nowadays are anxious a lot Minnie... Your panic attacks... Are not getting worse, right?"

Jimin smiled sadly, for he didn't want his mother to worry about his recently frequent panic attacks, just said "I'm fine, Mom... You just startled me out of nowhere!", He playfully hit his mother's hands slightly, and replied, "Yes, it's Jungkookie... He was just... Worried, I guess.", Jimin mumbled, making his mother voice out, "Well you're giving me the phone whenever he calls, okay? It's been a while...", and walked away, making Jimin sigh.

It's already bad enough, according to Jimin, that his parents are aware about his panic attacks, he thought he ought not burden them with his love life; indeed, his parents are the most caring, they never let anything or anyone harm their child. Jimin was getting more and more vexed as more time went on away from his members, but decided to keep it chill.

_________________________

"So, Jiminie just... forgave you? Just like that?", enquired Tae with an exasperated voice, unable to believe his soulmate's pure nature, or just stupid nature, according to Tae. "Yes, hyung... Can you believe it? Min is truly an angel, isn't he..?", Jungkook said, his deep divine voice now dreamy and smiling, making Tae astonished, yet sassily replied rolling his eyes, "Well, you clearly didn't realise it till now, stupid...", making Jungkook reply, "Maybe... Or maybe I just never voiced this out.", The Maknae said and gave a heartwarming smile, his eyes drifting to the afternoon bliss outside, the tiger lily that Jimin planted shone along with the sun. 

That's when Tae sensed that the Maknae is going to say something cheesy, and secretly switched on the audio recorder, planning to show to his soulmate, if the Maknae ever speaks anything sweet about the other.

"You know, Tae-hyung, Just for endowing, providing me with the asset of my life, endowing me Min's presence, I should thank the heavens, for everything, for all the comfort he's given me whenever I was down and much needed and desperate times, the one who helped my life's rocking boat to move forward safely to the shore, I should thank him, hyung.

And know that such an angel means a lot to me, and I'll do anything to get back his trust and love."

He said, solemn yet happy voice echoed through Tae's soul, still looking up at the tiger lily that his Min planted for him, while Tae was wondering how on world the Maknae didn't realise that he loves his soulmate. Tae subtly snickered and said, "Well, you must really care for him, Kook."

"You know, only when Min calls me kook, it just ticks something in my heart, it's like an emotion between us, which no one else can reciprocate.", Kook said while Tae gave a sneaky smirk, and asked, "Is that your way of saying only your 'Min' can call you that?"

"Yes.", The maknae said, giving a playful glare to the older before Tae just pat him in the back, and solemnly said, "You might not know, but your care is all Jimin needs, okay? Make sure to let him feel cared from your side...", Tae gave the younger a smile, making the younger confused on what he possibly might have meant, but decided to be more expressive about his care anyways.

_____________________

"I need reassurance. Prove me that this audio is not AI generated."

Jimin's voice echoed through the speakers of Tae's phone, making the boy annoyed, "Come on! Why is it so hard to believe that your lover said those words..?", Tae half screamed, raising his eyebrows and pouting at his soulmate. "Maybe because the person We're talking about completely clueless about my love?", Jimin sassed, rolling his eyes.

"Believe me, Jiminie, Jungkook said these words to me and trust me, I too, was totally caught off guard.", Tae explained in a pleading voice, to which Jimin just sighed. His heart's screaming in love, his mind too, warning him to not fall for any of this, for Jungkook's love for him is just a beautiful mirage that Jimin himself created in search for salvation.

"I think I'll catch you around, Tae...", Jimin said, switching off the line, looked up to see his mother looking at the stressed and defeated boy, walked towards her son and said in a mellow voice, "Please, Minnie, speak to Mom.", She said pulling her son into her embrace and caressing the boy's soft locks behind, making Jimin bury his head inside her crooks, feeling at ease all the sudden, proving mothers are fallen angels.

Jimin muttered to his mother in a solemn voice,

"The time is passed when I had power to advise and warn you against the unpromising morning of my Life — My love has made me selfish. I cannot exist without you — I am forgetful of every thing but seeing you again — my Life seems to stop there — I see no further.", 

Jimin said, all melancholic, knowing his mother would understand, for she treasures literature as much as Jimin does.

Jimin's mother just gave his son a painful smile, realising that his son is in a painful unrequited love that's currently tearing him apart, and tightened her embrace on her son. "It's burning me up, mom, I'm struck somewhere I can't let go or stay.", He said, smiling at his own misery, "I don't want to burden you with these silly-", Jimin was cut off by his mother saying, "No dear, loving and hurting because of it is not silly. Trust me, I know.", She said as let go of her son and sat next to him, engulfing Jimin's hands into herself.

"You know, if it wasn't for your dad persuading my father to stop my arranged marriage and proudly take in my hand into his, I would have died that day. I planned to take my own life! I thought I'd rather die than to live with someone I don't care for and love, somewhere away from the person I love. Loving someone, my dear, is a crucial part of your life, so is being loved.", She said looking up at his son who is listening to her intently, and added, "My love is selfish-"

"-I cannot breathe without you", Jimin finished the quote along with his mother and they both smiled, and Jimin instantly hugged his mother muttering, "Thank you, Mom"

Pain, Physical or emotional; stress or depression, from bad day to worst, your mother can heal anything. Just go and lay down on her lap closing your eyes, feeling her warmth and pour out all your problems, she will listen and provide you support, if not get you out of it.