Chapter 7

Different feelings erupted inside her as soon as he blurted out those words.

'Xavier's wife' that word, in particular, kept on ringing in her head. She couldn't face the fact that she was getting married. The thrills began coursing through her body just by thinking about it. The reality of her being married finally hit her. All this while she hadn't been thinking of the marriage itself and all, she just kept her mind circulated with the before-marriage details, leaving out what might happen during the one-year agreement.

The thought of leaving her name, Wilson, and bearing Garcia stirred something in her, but she couldn't decipher what. She would be appearing in media and all as his newly wedded wife. That was the reality she wasn't ready to face.

It was quite surprising how she had already started adopting a certain kind of trust for him, even without knowing much about him. She believed him so much when he said there would be no sexual activities, and it was something she rarely did. She didn't trust men but found herself trusting him.

"Cosmos" she called out and he hummed a response, with his eyes still transfixed on the road. "What is Xavier like?"

There was a moment of silence in the car. He chose to leave her hanging. She leaned back on her seat, concurrently folding her arms as she looked out the window in frustration.

"I am not allowed to discuss that with you". He finally spoke out when she was least expecting a reply.

"Why?" She asked with disbelief written on her face.

"Strict orders from sir..."

"Are you people fucking kidding me!" she groaned, cutting him mid-sentence

"I'm sorry ma'am"

"Amelia!" she corrected, trying her best not to let him know she was practically losing her mind. She wasn't even allowed to know more about him. It drove her nuts.

"Why? " she asked again more calmly this time

"Sir Xavier prefers his life private" he stated. Amelia suddenly remembered a section that was stated in the contract.

*Party A isn't allowed to interfere in party b's personal matters and party B would do the same, respectfully*

She had ignored that part, but now she finally thought about it, it was ridiculous. He wasn't letting her know the full detail of this contract thing, and it was vexatious.

She had no other choice than to flow with it, deducing from the fact she had already signed the contract. There was no going back, but why did it feel like she was signing her soul off?

*There goes her paranoid self again* Amelia sighed as she mentally facepalmed herself. The contract had already been signed. The only option she had was to get married and hope for the best.

The thought of peter abruptly crossed her mind and she remembered his strange earlier behavior. She had tried calling earlier to inform him she was leaving, but he wasn't picking up. She felt obligated to tell him because he was like an older brother to her. Always been there whenever she needed a shoulder to cry on

Amelia didn't know what she would have done if she didn't have Wendy and Peter. They were practically the family she never had. Meeting Wendy at high school and Peter at the orphanage, she had been close to both of them ever since.

A halt from the car abruptly brought her out of her thoughts as she looked around. The moment her eyes caught a glimpse of the building they had stopped in front of, her mouth dropped in awe.

It was much bigger than the last one she was invited to. Well, it was an estate, and was meant to be bigger. The perfection and beauty were on another level as the neutral color used on the houses made the houses look more outstanding.