26 - A Father's Love

CHASE LINCOLN

Vivian is fast asleep in the red velvet chair and push my own to make a makeshift bed, reaching into a hidden compartment to find a soft blanket and drape it over her sleeping body.

Wandering through the dark hallways in navy blue silk pajamas, messy hair, and round glasses.

"Chase, I came a long way to come and see you" Mrs. Lincoln pause. "C'mon hug me, will you?"

Standing on the other side of the common room giving her a suspicious look, watching and waiting for her next tactic of hers.

"See, you're pulling this motherly act, and since it's clear you want something" I pause. "What do you want?"

Her sinister smile across her face setting down her half glass of red wine, the light shining down on the expensive wedding ring and raises an amusing eyebrow at me.

"Now, Chase, I'm not here to fight with you and I have other places to be than here but I'm gonna give you this before I leave," Mrs. Lincoln says, reaching into the back pocket of her coat and pulling out a white envelope with the title: CHASE LINCOLN.

Sliding an envelope across the oval-shaped wooden table and dim light hue from the nearby lamp, with evident heat from the fireplace.

"Did you tamper with this envelope or mess with anything within this because I know how you get" I reply, taking the letter and watching her intently as if she has something else up her sleeve.

Leaves an empty glass, and throws on her trench coat and sunglasses making her way out of the common room but her footsteps stop at the door, and turns to me.

"When all of this is over, you will come back to the Lincoln residence because you're a part of the bigger picture," Mrs. Lincoln says, her heels echoing throughout the manor and a faint silhouette of a blackout SUV with the engine rumbling.

Disappearing away from the common room and entering into the library, sitting down at the desk eyes staring down at the envelope with my name written in bold letters.

To my son, Chase I wish I wrote this letter sooner rather than later. There are three events in my life that I'm really proud of which is meeting the love of my life and coming quite close to marrying her, finding out that I was gonna be a father, and watching you come into this world holding you for the first time was the best feeling in my life ever!

In another life, I wish that we could be the perfect family together, raising you to be the son I know I'd be proud of, and giving you some advice on the things that I've done in my life.

But sadly, I wasn't dealt with those cards and now those dreams are distant dreams that are so out of reach now. I hope to meet you soon in this life and apologize for the things that happened outside of my control.

~ upstairs in your bedroom hidden under a loose floorboard there are important documents just for you to know the truth.

Your father,
V. C.

After reading the letters tears stain the sheet of paper, painful sobs leave my lips, and cry until my whole body is numb to the feeling. This time, only this time I broke down and let myself be human again.

                                       A/N

                                       A/N

Hi! I just want to thank you all for the 4k reads of Golden Spoon! I appreciate your support given to this book so far!

Honestly, I'm gonna let you guys know that I did cry while writing the letter written from Chase's Dad point of view.

What are your thoughts on Mrs. Lincoln in this chapter?