07 - Chosen one

Dark emerald curtains were tuck away with a golden rope tucking it on its side, allowing the sunlight free rein — while Bridget and Catherine entertain themselves in a conversation

Eyes caught by the collection of alcohol in a glass case with wood glowing in a fresh coat of polish.

Bridget comes over in a rush almost not able to catch a breath. "There you are Vivian, weren't we planning to go on vacation next summer?" Bridget said. Giving me a signal to continue the conversation to make it more believable.

Catherine can catch up to me and Bridget, stopping in front of us, also glares at Bridget.

"Excuse me, weren't me and you having a conversation" Catherine said. Her voice was harsh and spiteful, but her face didn't twist into a fit of rage more of pure disappointment.

Bridget still holding my hands spares Catherine a glance leans down whispers into her ear, and then her eyes fill up with tears ready to spill over.

I watch as Bridget's expression turns from sweet and caring, to a twist of annoyance that someone would dare follow her across the room.

"I swear no one could pay me to spend or breathe in the same space with girls like her," Bridget said. Rolling her eyes and shakes her head in disdain.

"Oh, but Catherine does look up to you and considers you to be a role model" I replied. Looking into her eyes for any reaction or expression at my words and find very little.

Bridget's eyebrows lift in amusement then fade back to normal as if she couldn't feel the words or just pretend to not care.

"Hmmm, I think it's very nice of her to have such admiration for me, but you are a much more interesting person here," Bridget said. Taking a seat by the window and I follow a bit closer towards her.

My eyes narrow at her response and decide to relax my body just a little bit, but lean against the cushion chair.

Mrs. Wellington enters the room, the energy shifts around everyone the conversations cease and the girls give her their attention.

"A skill everyone possesses is to use every opportunity for your benefit with that being said" Marie paused. "One of you ladies will join Benjamin at the Wellington ball."

The room erupts into a fit of excitement, whispers, and casting looks towards each other. But I didn't want any part of accompanying Benjamin, even if there wasn't any other choice.

"Well, ladies this is all the information for you all right now so you may leave," Marie said.

Claire looks my way and gives me a thumbs up while I roll my eyes, leaving me alone with the heir of the Wellington family — Benjamin Wellington.

"Vivian, I'm letting you know just don't get in my way and everything will work out fine," Benjamin said. Rotating his pointer finger around his glass, the family ring shining in its true glory.

"Oh, Benjamin you don't have to worry about me I plan on using every opportunity here for my benefit" I replied. Smiling at the thought knowing if I play my cards right every little detail should fall in place.

"Well, I have better places to be than be in here with you" Benjamin paused. "But, May the best heir win."

Looking up and down at me with disgust as if being in the same room, like my existence here wasn't on level with the air about him.

The wooden doors of the parlor close hard on its hinges erupting into a violent shake, then fade into the background softly.

Casting a look towards the doors and roll my eyes.

"Oh, whatever Benjamin it's time for me to shake things up around here," I said. With a faint smile on my face.

A/N Good evening my fellow readers I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Comment below your favorite description or line of dialogue from one of your favorite characters!