Intro /Page 2

We all have ups and downs in life. Heartache. Joy. Pain. Dreams. Fears.
Supporters. Discouragements. But what's most important? Trust. Trust is. If that's nonexistent, might as well we were never born. Ironic, right? It's hard to imagine many trusting or trustworthy people in this cold, dark, and somewhat empty depths of a world. Well, there are a few doves among ravens, and possibly a real sheep or two among so many ruthless wolves. But are they even worth searching for?

3:24 P.M., WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH, 2021

I woke up this morning, and a strange phenomenon had been attaching itself to me, quite like mold imposing on an unsuspecting slice of bread. It was scary. Yet, I was curious; hopeful, even. To think that I had finally escaped my prison of distrust was a sea of troubles being parted for me. You see, I may have a problem opening up to strangers, or anyone really. Ever since my dad left when I was ten, I figured it was useless believing what people said if my own father decided not to be trustworthy.

All I know is that for five years, I wasn't myself. No matter how kind and honest a person around me may have actually been, I was NOT ready to give any one of them a chance to prove themselves. Until, out of nowhere, two of my new classmates seemed extra determined to get to know me. At first, I put up my usual wall of protection, so they couldn't get to me in order to later hurt me. Nevertheless, my efforts were in vain. I have now had Katara's phone number for three weeks, and Noah and I always sit together at lunch. What can I say? I was wrong. As much as it's been two months since school began, they have only just begun to actually soften my stone of a heart. Hey, I wasn't ready to open up just yet!

[Pls vote and comment]