Yes Mr. King- 20

It has been a few hours since our conversation. We have been in bed cuddling all day. After breakfast he decided that neither of us needed to work. Elec is laying on top of me with his head on my stomach his sleeping body is in the same position it was an hour ago. His right hand in my hair and his left holding my hip. I'm scrolling on Pinterest looking at anything and everything. I was at total peace until I get a text.

Mom

Mom: I'm so glad I got to hear about you finding your "mate" from that girl you've been living with. I don't understand you sometimes.

Me: you have very little interest in my life why would I tell you? And her name is Leah. We have been best friends since I was 5.

Mom: here comes the attitude🙄 I'm not dealing with this right now. I'm having family dinner for Christmas tomorrow and I expect you to be here.

Me: I'm working sorry

Mom: don't give me that shit. I'll see you at six sharp. ALONE. Don't bring this man with you he is not a part of the family.

I drop my phone and let out a frustrated groan as I cover my face.

"Who was that princess?" I jump not aware that he was awake. "My mom.." I say. "You've never told my about your relationship with your family ." He says looking at me attentively. " I don't know.. my older brother has always been the favorite and I am just kind of there. Even when I was little, his sports, girlfriends, academics, and everything in between have always been their main focus. Now the only time she wants me around is to compare me to my brother and to look like a picture perfect family. My brother has always been an jerk. He has always sought out to make my life suck, all throught my childhood and highschool. My dad yells and hits, nothing is good enough for him and he has always been a horrible person." I sigh as I let out all of that in about ten seconds.
"I'm sorry baby.. well you have me now and we are going to make the family that you deserve. "

I hug him close and sigh out my frustration. I lean over are grab my phone to show him the texts between me and my mom. After he read all of them he clears his throat and asks "so what do you want to do baby?"
"I guess I have hopes that it will be different but I really don't want to go alone but she said-"
"You are my mate and I go where you go. If you go I'm coming with."

The next day
5:30

I stand in front of the mirror in the dress I picked. I look fat. They are all going to make jokes. A tear rolls down my face as I rip the dress off aggressively. Elec walks into my closet as I'm sitting there trying to look for a dress through the tears that I won't let roll down my face. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me. He kisses the side of my face. "You're so beautiful baby. Go do your hair and makeup and I'll pick out your outfit." I hold onto him for a bit longer and then walk away. I do my hair it a half up with curls. My makeup is light with red lips and smoked out eyeshadow and black wings. I go to the bed where my dress is. It's a floor length dress from Versace. It's red with a leg slit. All the accessories are matte black. I put everything on and look in the mirror. I look so bougie and I smile slightly at the life Elec has given me. He walks out of the bathroom in a matte black suit with a red Pandora watch, red tie, and a red pocket square. He's so hot I can't even explain it. "I look like a rich princess." I laugh at I walk to him. "That's exactly what you are baby." He turns me around so I'm looking in the mirror just as I'm about to ask what he's doing he hangs a HUGE necklace around my neck and secures it. The matte black metal accents the large diamonds that are all over the necklace. Just when I'm about to say it's too expensive he pulls out matching earrings.

"Oh my God Elec..."