10

Tine's P.O.V.

I was watching Deena the whole time she was conversing with Mr. Riva, pitching her ideas, how she was explaining her stuff to him, the movement of her hands, and her lips when she talked.

I was mesmerized.

I mean, every time Deena was presenting, I always admired her, how confident she was in front of everybody, how she kept eye contact with each of the attendees, taking control of the meeting.

But today, I don't know, It felt different looking at her now.

I felt, hypnotized.

"What do you think, Kristine?" I was startled to hear Mr. Riva call my name.

I don't even know what they were talking about. Both of them are looking at me, waiting for me to open my mouth.

"I Uhm..." I swallowed what seemed to be a big lump in my throat.

"Well, I'll have to discuss it further with Deena, Sir." I said looking at Deena only, her brows furrowed.

"Okay, then make the plan today and I want a full report tomorrow. This is urgent, ladies. I need this to be prioritized. Hand over whatever is in your hands to your executives and teams. I want your full attention on this. Got it?"

"Yes, Mr. Riva."

"Yes, Sir."

Both of us said at the same time.

"Are you okay?" Deena asked me as soon as Mr. Riva left the room. She was gathering some papers and closing her laptop.

"What? Yeah, of course."

"You looked like your head was not in your body the entire time I was pitching. You didn't even contribute any ideas, it was not so like you. Are you sure you're okay?"

Worries were written across her grey eyes.

"Yes, I am, Dee. Just distracted, maybe?"

"Of?"

You. I almost said.

"Uhm... The other, the other work that I now have to delegate to the team. They are fully loaded already, so... yeah."

Dee was staring at me intently.

"Okay... so, after lunch I'll come in your office to plan all these." She said as she gestured for us to leave the meeting room.

"Why not now? I mean, Mr. Riva said this is urgent, right?" I swear I don't mean to sound excited but I guess it came out naturally.

"Babe, I have one meeting I need to attend, then after that, I will speak to my team, distributing the tasks before I can focus on this project, I suggest you do the same to your team."

"Right." 

Embarrassing, this is so embarrassing!

Lunch came and I was waiting for Deena to pick me up so we went to the pantry together, as we always do, but it was past noon already and she was still not here.

I decided to go to her office but just to find it empty.

Where is she?

"Did you see, Deena?" I asked one of her teams as I roamed the office area.

"Yeah, she left." He said.

"Alone or was she with somebody?"

"Nope. Just her."

Where did she go? 

Is she not having lunch here today? Usually, she would tell me so that I wouldn't wait for her.

Time will TellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara