Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

EVA felt her brain malfunctioned for a few hours that she couldn't enjoy their sumptuous dinner—the reason why they stayed for the night. At kahit oras na ang lumipas, hindi pa rin matanggap ng utak niya ang mga sinabi ni Terron at patuloy na gumagawa ng rason ang utak niya para kontrahin 'yon.

Pero kahit anong kontra niya sa sinabi ni Terron, may parte sa isip niya na sumasangayon dito.

Maybe the reason why her bottom line didn't exist when it comes to Terron was because she liked him as more than a friend. But Eva was not the kind of woman who easily believed something without proof.

How could she get a proof that she liked Terron like that? That Terron's feeling for her was not unrequited?

Sitting alone on the sundeck, she called the only guy she had a close relationship with.

"What is it?" The person on the other side immediately asked after the call got connected.

"May tanong ako, Eth." Mabilis na sagot ni Eva.

"I'm in the middle of class. Make it quick."

Eva pursed her lips before asking. "Paano mo masasabi na may gusto ka sa isang tao? The romantic kind of like."

Natahimik ang nasa kabilang linya at lumipas ang ilang segundo bago narinig ulit ni Eva ang boses ng kausap.

"Answer the problem on the board with the formula I provided. I will give you ten minutes." Then Ethan turned his complete attention to Eva, "as for you Ev, I will give you ten minutes to explain."

Napakagat-labi si Eva. "Bakit parang kasalanan ko?"

"Explain!"

Napaigtad si Eva saka humaba ang nguso nito. "Huwag mo akong sigawan. Mas matanda ako sa'yo."

Ethan let out an exasperated sigh. "I don't care. Explain yourself, Ev."

Nakasimangot na ikinuwento ni Eva kay Ethan ang lahat ng naaalala niya mula ng makilala niya si Terron hanggang sa mga sinabi ng binata kanina.

Wala siyang itinago.

Pagkatapos niyang magkuwento, halos buong minuto ang dumaan bago narinig ni Eva ang paghinga ng malalim ni Ethan.

"Ev?"

"Yes, Eth?" Eva expectantly listened to Ethan's next words.

"Are you an idiot?"

Sumama ang mukha ni Eva. "Hey! That's foul. How dare you!"

"No! How dare you!" Ethan snapped. "How can you not know if you like someone or not?! What are you? A child?!" Ethan couldn't help raising his voice in irritation. "And not only that, but you're also asking for a proof?! After letting him kiss you on the forehead, nose, cheeks and neck. You're an idiot indeed! You want proof? You are the proof! You even let him lick your fingers! You are your own witness, you hear me?!" Ethan huffed after shouting in annoyance. "God. I'm so angry. Bye!"

The call ended. Just like that. Leaving Eva speechless and in disbelief that her little Ethan had shouted at her as if he was not a little baby.

Meanwhile, on the other line, Ethan wanted to push Eva to date Terron Dashwood. Maybe, just maybe, Terron could stop Eva from doing anything reckless or anything that would lead to death. But Ethan knew Eva. She was a stubborn one. It would take a world to stop Eva's reckless and stubborn behavior.

Ethan sighed and uttered a quick prayer for Terron Dashwood. Eva may be academically smart, but emotionally, she was stupid as it gets. Her life only revolved around school, books, and puzzles, after all.