Chapter 25 : Who is Xiao Zhan?

The sun rose.

The Police team was done with their investigation and were packing up, they would leave the Estate soon.

The clock was striking 7:00AM in the morning.

Wen Qing came out from the kitchen and met Mianmian "Ms Deputy, if you don't mind please you all have breakfast here before leaving. I've already done with the arrangements. You all have worked hard at night without sleeping, please let me serve you all the breakfast."

Mianmian smiling, waved her hands politely in a 'no' and said "Actually it's beyond our ethical rules to eat here...you know, it's a victim's place after all..."

Wen Qing again asked politely "Is it that hard? It'd really hurt me if you all leave the Estate without eating anything."

Mianmian thought a little "Okay, then let me ask permission from our Director-in-Chief first."

She went to Director Nie and asked the same in a low voice.

As soon as he heard it he stood up, glared at Mianmian "Yeah, alright!" His voice was calm yet cold "You all can have breakfast here and reach the City Bureau late but I won't."

He didn't wait anymore, taking long steps he set off towards the parking area.

Mianmian stood there baffled, she couldn't understand whether they got the permission to eat here or not.

Just then she got a gentle slap at the back, she turned around and saw Yibo.

"What are you doing here alone?" He asked.

Mianmian talked about her concern.
"...So now the question is whether we got the permission or not."

As soon as Yibo heard the last line he couldn't control his laugh, it slipped out even if he was trying to cover it.

"Is it that funny? Am I telling a joke to you?" Mianmian really seemed annoyed.

"Sorry sorry!" Yibo controlled his laugh "You were the obedient girl in our team so you don't know but it's actually Directors Nie's style of giving permission."

"What do you mean? Director clearly looked irritated by the question!"

"Noo! If he really wanted you to come with him he would've said so directly, but as he had given an indirect reply so yes... you've the permission!"
Yibo sighed as he remembered his past days
"You don't know how many times I was scolded and got punishments until I could understand his indirect permissions"

"Are you sure?"

"Super sure madam! Now have your breakfast here fast and set off for the City Bureau as soon as possible" They started to walk towards the dining hall "...Otherwise he'll seriously get angry on all of you."

After having the breakfast all of the police cars were leaving one by one. Mianmian, Zhu Zhanjin, Song Jiyang and Wang Yibo were standing in front of the Estate main gate; Wang Yibo had come out to see them off.

"Wang Yibo!" Mianmian lightly slapped Wang Yibo's back "Life's so hard right? You had to work whole night even though you're in leave! Tsk! Tsk!" She clicked her tongue.

Zhu Zhanjin cut in "It's still like our academy days, wherever Yibo goes trouble follows him"

All laughed on this.

Suddenly Zhu Zhanjin became serious "Guys, don't you think our Director being a little strange recently!" His eyebrows furrowed "He is staying in whole night out-missions nowadays which he never does normally. Moreover him leaving ahead of everyone..." He shook his head "Um-hm. Something is off. Is his family alright?"