Chapter 9 : Interrogation

In the interrogation room

Ms Deputy Mianmian and Officer Zhu ZhanJin was taking statements from Officer Jin ZiXuan's brother.

Ms Deputy asked "You're Officer Jin ZiXuan's brother, right?"

That man replied feebly "Yes, we're cousins."

Zhu ZhanJin asked "Your name?"

"Su She" That man said.

Mianmian and Zhu ZhanJin exchanged looks.

Mianmian asked "We've heard you live together with Officer Jin ZiXuan. Is it true?"

"True"

"How was your relationship with him?"

Su She hesitated a bit, his eyeballs were unstable "Good! It was all good. He was like my guardian in this city. My mother had entrusted me in his hands since my college days."

Zhu ZhanJin asked "What do you do for living?"

"I work at Rosalind Park as a manager"

Rosalind Park was one of the not-so-crowded parks in this city. Once it was popular but nowadays it's popularity had sharply decreased as many other well-organized parks had emerged in this city. It was said that the owner of the park was trying to sell it out but he hadn't yet got any suitable deals.
So being one of the managers at Rosalind Park meant he didn't earn much.

Mianmian looked at his file and asked again "Now that your brother had died what you'd do?"

He shook his head lightly "I haven't thought about it yet. Probably I would return to my own hometown and stay with my mom."

"What were you doing yesterday between 8:30PM to 9:30PM?"

"I was at home waiting for my brother and watching dramas"

"Can anyone attest to that?"

He bit his fingernail "No, I was alone. But why are you asking me this? Are you suspecting me?"
He seemed anxious.

"No" Mianmian replied leisurely "It's our routine to ask these questions."

"Oh fine" He relaxed a bit.

"Do you know Xiao Zhan?" Mianmian suddenly asked this.

Su She paused for a moment, eyes widened, he sat back straight "Who? What name did you say?"

"Xiao Zhan! Do you know him?" Mianmian was staring intensely at him.

He snickered and moved his gaze away from Mianmian "I did know him once, in my college days. But I don't know him anymore, I haven't seen him in years."

Mianmian was still directly staring at Su She, she never pulled her gaze away "Lie! You did saw him today, this morning!"

Su She fumbled "No...I mean yes, I've seen him today morning...but I didn't talk with him!"
He raised his voice a bit at the ending.

Mianmian's voice was cold "I know you didn't talk with him. Moreover when he called you, you fled away."

He shouted "I didn't flee away, I just turned my face and went away."

"Lower your voice and tell me what were you doing in front of Xiao Zhan's house that time?"
Mianmian didn't raise her voice but it was cold enough to send shiver through spines.

Zhu Zhanjin had long been stay put, he was still there silently taking down notes. He still had long ways to go to interrogate like Mianmian.

Su She seemed panicked and anxious but still he continued to shout "Why are you interrogating me like this? Couldn't I go to the place where my brother's body was found? Xiao Zhan's house was right beside the crime scene! I couldn't help it! Moreover why are you bringing him repeatedly here. I've nothing to do with him!"