Chapter 16 : Chase

Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo were helping each other in making the dinner. Both of their mood were good. They were so happy in their own small happy world that for the last few hours they had completely forgotten about the grave problem that they were in. But the harsh reality never left them behind.

Yibo's phone started ringing. Yibo came wiping his hands and picked it up.

"What? You found him?" Yibo looked up, his eyes were sparkling in hope.

From the other side of the call Song Jiang said "Mn, we've spotted him in XY departmental store. He was there nearly 30 minutes ago, he must not have gotten far away, he is still in the city. We've informed about this to the traffic division and right now we're trying to locate him. Our men have been already deployed."

"Okay, very good. Keep me updating." Yibo was excited.

"And...there's also another thing...I just found it out..." But he paused as if he was in a dilemma to say it or not.

"Why are you hesitating? Just tell me!" Yibo was becoming impatient.

"I just found out that Su She and...our Team Captain Li BoWen...were best friends in their school days."

"What?"Yibo was completely surprised "Mr Jiang are you sure about your information?"

BoWen had never said it!
He never mentioned that he knew Su She.

Song Jiang's voice was serious "Yes, I'm sure."

"Then...can he be..."

...'mole', the word didn't come out from Yibo's mouth.

But Song Jiang understood what he wanted to say.

He sighed "I don't know, we don't have any evidence yet."

Yibo looked at the watch "Mr. Jiang are you still in the Bureau? Is BoWen there?"

Song Jiang replied firmly "Yes, he is."

"Good. Keep an eye on him." He put down his mobile.

It was a hard blow for Wang Yibo to accept. He couldn't believe that his dear friend whom he had adored for so long can be vicious enough to collaborate with the Killer and alter the evidence.

Now when Yibo thought it hard...Li BoWen was the Team Leader, he had every opportunity and authority to hold on the evidences and had the chance to alter it too.

Wang Yibo hit the table.

How did he not realise it sooner!
If anyone had to be the mole within them, it should be someone within their team and being the team leader he was always on advantage.

Now when he thought about it... BoWen was the first one who wanted to expell him out of the team.

Why?
Did he knew already that I've seen through the fake ZiXuan footage?

He felt betrayed.

BoWen whom I've always considered as a friend and senior, even tried to put the blame on me saying that I'm the only related person to this current case and 25/12 case!

Wait! Am I really the only related person to these two cases?

*Ding*
Suddenly his mobile beeped. He got an email from Song Jiang. It was a report about Su She. There he found some surprising information that he had never known. Su She had once worked with Wen Chao, the first victim and had tried to flirt with Wang Lingjiao ,the third victim several times. When it got exposed he was expelled from the work.

So this means Su She had connections with both victims Wen Chao and Wang Lingjiao. The fourth victim ZiXuan was his brother. But his relation with Meng Yao, the fifth victim is still unknown.