Chapter 6 : Who's the victim?

Xiao Zhan couldn't understand why would someone target him?
He was just a graphic designer at a company who had been staying away from home for almost 10 years.
He was such a nobody....

Yet...
Someone was trying to kill him.
Someone wanted him dead.
This thought scared the living daylights out of him.

At first he wanted to go to the Police Station to inform about the 'threats' that he was recieving.

But where were the threat notes?

The 'I AM WATCHING YOU' note was taken away by Yibo and he himself had dumped the withered rose bouquet in the dustbin outside.

There was no evidence that could prove that he was getting 'threat notes' physically. Only the text messege remained which was even sent from an unknown number, probably an untraceable number. It could be easily overlooked as a prank. Moreover this stalker even knew Xiao Zhan's address and probably he was monitoring him closely.
Now if Xiao Zhan really goes to the Police Station and it triggers his anger then Xiao Zhan's life would be in danger. He could get killed right away. So he refrained himself from going to the Police. He would only tell about it to Yibo when he would return.

He couldn't concentrate on anything the whole day.

Zhuo Cheng and Xuan Lu video called him in the noon. They too were worried about him. They chatted for a while but Xiao Zhan didn't tell them about today's threats. He didn't want to add their worries more.

"Hey Xiao Zhan, have you heard that Yubin is returning?" Zhuo Cheng asked suddenly.

No, Xiao Zhan had no idea about it.

Yubin...he was also a childhood friend to them. 4years ago he went abroad for a job.

Xiao Zhan was confused "But why is he returning? Don't they have better opportunities in abroad..."

Xuan Lu replied "Of course they have but he says that he feels suffocated over there. He wants to return to his motherland."

Xiao Zhan smiled and nodded "Good! Then after he returns we can hang out together again."

And then at the afternoon Yubin himself called Xiao Zhan and gave the news of his returning
"...I have my flight the day after tomorrow and I'll land at C City the next day, probably it'll be night by then. But don't worry, I promise, after getting off the plane I'll head straight to you guys." He laughed "I'm coming right after 3 days. Wait for me that day."

Xiao Zhan felt a lot relieved after talking with his friends. Yet when the night fell he became anxious and extra-cautious about his surroundings.

8:00P.M.

Xiao Zhan was at the living room listening to the news

"Today's breaking news! Another victim died in the hands of the Serial Killer in block A of C City. We're reporting from the crime scene. The body was discovered just a while ago and Police are currently investigating. This time the victim is a female of age around 40years, her name is Wang Lingjiao..."

Xiao Zhan's closed his eyes "I think I've heard the name before."
But he couldn't remember where he had heard that name.

"...she's an cosmetician and has become popular within the young girls nowadays. She was found dead in her office which was attached to her house. She used to live with her boyfriend whose whereabouts are unknown for a few days. Police are trying to find him out.
Today she didn't take in any clients but still was at her office. She had ordered pizza and when the delivery boy came after 1hour and knocked the door, he found it open and after entering he discovered the body.
This time the method of killing was slightly different from the previous two. Police found out signs of resistance on her body, she was first knocked out with chloroform and then her throat was slit with a sharp knife, there was no stabbing in the stomach. The murder weapon was found in the crime scene. Police concluded this murder was also done by the same Serial Killer, they found a similar note with number '3' stuck on her forehead. This counts as the 3rd murder done by him making people wonder how many more victims are going to fall in his hands. What are Police doing? How many more days C City people do need to spend their days in fear?..."