CHAPTER |12|

BREAKDOWN

: cry out , pain

VIDHYA PoV

I remember about the conversation I had with him. My brother  , my role model, my everything. But now - I sniffed as tears were staring to build in my eyes.

After speaking with my mom , I find my phone ring. I looked at the caller Id and got shocked. Shakthi! His name alone make me tear up.

"Anna" I answered as soon as I accepted his call.

"Don't you dare call me that" he grunted. Tears started to pour down my face, I was controlling myself so hard.

"Please Anna" "stop calling me that, I will never be your Anna . Never! you hear me that" he shouted.

"Please listen to me , it's been a 3 years . I never did that, please believe me. I was not the one who did that, it was her she-."

"Let me stop you right there, you knew nothing about her . I know how cheap you were after the incident, so please don't force me to talk with you ." He whispered harshly.

"And Don't tell mom or Goutham about this call . Don't ever show me your face , let's make it clear I do not wish to speak nor see you." I gasped out loud.

"No ,n-No plea-please" I mumbled. "It's the last time I am talking to you , please don't disturb me." He hanged the call.

After crying for about an hour or so I slept due to exhaustion. He didn't care , now I thought of cancelling my plans to return home.

"Yah , I heard that too" I heard Rupa's voice . Quickly I went to bathroom and washed my face then came out.

"Hey Vidhu" she screamed and hugged me. "You fine right . I heard what happened in the campus" I nodded my head .

"Vidhya you ok" kithu asked me , as I nod my head again. If I am in their presence for about another second, I might breakdown .

I excused myself then went out , they tried to stop me but I just wanted to be alone.

I went to the terrace , I sat down and looked at the moon. The dark sky adored the moon , so bright , so full of happiness.

I remembered the sweet things my brother did to me when I was considered as his sister. Never in my life did I thing a word from an outsider could damage the bond between us.

I sniffed as tears ran down , I looked at the sky and tried to control my sobs.

*ring* *ring*

I found an unknown number, I attended the call.

"Hello" I answered. My voice sounded low and raspy so I cleared my throat and said hello again.

"Vidhya" I heard his voice.

"Sir" I whispered.

"What happened" he asked me .

"What do you want sir. I don't remember giving you my number" I replied as I was still angry and upset with him due to his behaviour afternoon.

" Vidhya , I-I I am sorry about afternoon" he whispered. "Uhh?" I mumbled.

"God Vidhya . I have never apologised to anyone so can you accept mine. I am sorry about afternoon" I giggled at his frustrated voice.

"Do you think this is funny" he murmured. "No . Not at all sir" I laughed answering him.

"So where are you?" He asked . "Hostel" I replied.

"Me too" he replied.

"What?" I gasped. 

"Come out" he said. I got up from my place to look where he was from the terrace.

There he was , he had his phone on his ear then looked outside to find me . I guess.

Then he looked up , our eyes locked. The same dark captivating eyes , which makes my knees buckle just by a single stare.

"Why are you here sir?" I asked.

"Come out" he replied and hanged the call. He motioned me to come down.

I went outside, I found many girls ,no everyone were staring at him. Seriously!

I looked at them and him. I was already in a mad mood now this situation is a added fuel to my fire. Great day isn't it?

"What are you doing here Mr ACP sir?" I was damn annoyed . he looked amused then he handed me a paper bag.

"What's this?" I asked him. "Look into it first" he said.

I opened , only to find a 3 tubs of ice cream and a few chocolates . I looked at him , "why did you buy this?" "Simply" was his reply.

"I can't take this" I replied and handed him the paper bag to him. He shook his head , "it's for you" he whispered low.

His eyes held a different emotion but it vanished before I could figure it. Or it was just my imagination.

"I am sorry about morning. The place was not safe for you and we got few clue about the case" he said .

I looked at him ready to ask him few questions but he shook his head .

"Not here Vidhya and go to your room rather than sitting on the terrace." I looked at him wide eyed, he shook his head and smiled at me.

I returned the smile.

"Go back and sleep . Don't think about anything , everything will be fine." He said , I nodded my head.

I slightly teared up but controlled it, I looked up to him.

He looked at me concerned look, "you are free for the night right" he asked me out of blue.

I nodded my head, "get in" he whispered. I looked at him wide eyed.

"well come on , get in the car. I promise I will drop you before it's 10" he says , I looked hesitant but tell him that I would inform my friends and return back.

I give him the bag then rush towards my room to inform my friends. I inform them, they just squealed  like teenagers then urged me to go out.

I walk back to his jeep then got in. "Shall we" he asked me , I nodded my head.

I look outside , the moon shining brightly in the dark sky.

\.....................................................................|

Please do vote and follow me for immediate updates!

Comment your thoughts too ....

Thanks for the support you have showed towards this book. Love you all!

Lots of love

Peace