TEN, what remains of you

THE UNIVERSE IS AS BLANK YET AS FILLED AS AN ARTIST'S CANVAS. And that same universe is what Welt Yang sought out, hand in hand with you.

Nevertheless, as fate pulled different strings, Welt could only feel the lingering touch of your hands as he met new worlds that would bring a glimmering expression of wonder to your ardent face that he adored and sought refuge in.

Welt Yang missed you, that fact is undeniable.

Thus, as he held his sketchbook under the warm light of the lamp, he drew you from sheer memory alone; taking out the sliver wedding band from the pocket of his pants, silently slipping it on his finger while the small gemstone glimmered.

It has been so long since he last slipped the ring on his finger. So long.

Setting his pencil down, he brought the ring to his lips, imagining that instead of kissing the ring, he was kissing you.

Just like those nights spent with you walking around the city.

Just like those weekends when the two of you lounged on the couch, the piano ringing in the room.

Just like those days when the two of you commuted on the bus, your head on his shoulder.

Just like those sacred nights when he cried in your arms and you embraced him without hesitation.

Just like those moments when the two of you danced into bliss.

Slipping the ring off his fingers, he closed his sketchbook, flickered off the light, and attempted to silence the voices of all the souls- trying his best not to find yours in the abyss.