P R O L O G U E

“Mommy!” I looked at who had called me. My lips curled into a smile when I saw my daughter running towards me.

I opened my arms for a hug, and she gladly accepted it. I heard how she giggled, and that made my heart full.

“I missed you, sweetie.” I was the first to break off our embrace. I planted small kisses on her forehead.

“I’ve missed you too, Mommy!” She said, giving me kisses as well.

I put my bag on the table before I proceeded to carry her. She snaked her tiny hands around my neck, which made us giggle.

“Where’s your Mama Lola?”

“In the kitchen po!” I walked to the kitchen area and saw my Mom baking some cookies.

“Hi, Mom. Have you two eaten already?”

“Not yet, anak. Hinintay ka namin.” She smiled sweetly at me before placing the plate full of cookies and brownies on the table.

“Eve, anak.” My attention was drawn to my mother when she entered my room.

I glance at my daughter, who's now sleeping peacefully. I stepped out of her embrace carefully and turned to face my mom. She is gazing at my daughter with a smile on her face.

“What is it, Mom?”

“Sa labas tayo mag-usap.” Before I left, I fixed my daughter's pillow. I also added one on her left side so she wouldn't fall.

“Mom, anong pag-uusapan natin?” Inaantok na rin ako dahil sa pagod.

Mukhang importante ang pag-uusapan namin dahil hindi naman ako inaabala ni Mom tuwing ganitong oras na ng gabi.

“Anak, what's you plan? I heard that she's back. Her memories as well.” That information didn't shock me at all.

I am aware of all of her current events. I was always informed of her life's progress.

“Are you not going to introduce Hailey to her?” Mom asked.

“No, mom. Her life is even better now. I'm not planning to ruin it again. It is better if she doesn't know every piece of information about Hailey.” I said.

Naisip ko na rin ‘yon. Even though I'm aware that it's selfish of me, I only want what's best for her. Even though she is the mother of my child, I don't want her to be tied to me again. It is better this way.

“But anak, she's also the mother of your child. Hindi naman porket sasabihin mo sa kaniya ang tungkol doon masisira mo na siya, ang sa akin lang, may karapatan din siyang malaman iyon.”

“Let’s not talk about this anymore, Mom. Hailey might hear you.” I said before leaving her.

It has been ten years since the incident occurred, and I have no plans to come back to it. If there is any time in that history that I would like to change, it would be the moment when I wished we had never crossed paths.