🦋𝐿𝑎 𝑃𝑜𝑙𝑘𝑎 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑒🦋

As Ella and Kit danced he urged her to follow him out of the room so that they may speak, so without a thought she excitedly followed behind him. He swiftly exited the space right as the people in the ballroom started dancing to the military polka. Ella held onto his hand and they both made their way from the ballroom to the portrait space, as they both entered the neighbouring room Ella spoke to Kit loudly and surprisingly, "So you're the prince..." he closed the doors behind him and expressed that he wasn't exactly "The Prince" and that there were plenty of other princes in the world and he was only one of many. She laughed and asked if his name was, in fact, Kit and he confirmed saying that it indeed was a name his father still called him by when he wasn't especially un-peeved at him, Ella laughed at his charming responses and asked him another question, was he still an apprentice perhaps, she thought and so she asked him, he responded by saying that he was certainly still an apprentice monarch learning his father's trade but he still had a long journey ahead of him for the lessons were quite drastic and required so much of one's time and focus.

Ella walked around the room and before doing so she let out a small sigh, due to her heavy breathing which was paired with laughter. Kit then asked Ella that she please forgive him as he only hid it from her because he thought things would have been different if she knew straight away, but nonetheless, he did not mean anything by it at all. He remarked that he mistook Ella for a good honest country girl and that he now could see that she too did not want to overawe a newly met acquaintance, more specifically a plain soldier to her royal identity, she laughed and said that there was quite little chance of that as she was indeed a "good honest country girl" as he said, and nothing more and nothing less. Kit reached out his hand to Ella and said "No more surprises," in a calm tone so that they may both move on from the topic but still bear it in mind. She held his hand and repeated his words while placing her left behind her back and as she looked into his eyes she caught a glimpse of one of his portraits behind him as one in particular caught her attention, and she briskly made her way to it asking if it was Kit as she found it eye-catching, Kit laughed and said that he really hated himself in paintings and asked Ella if she felt the same way. She responded by saying that no one had ever painted her portrait since she hadn't had much of an opportunity to do things of interest to her for the last still ongoing chapter of her life. Kit responded expressing that they should indeed paint one for her one day, and afterwards, they continued to converse with one another regarding their favourite things to do when they had time to spare and many more discussions were to be made in this splendid evening...