66

Chapter 66 His Strategy

David blinked, “What’s the matter?”

Aylin focused on driving and didn’t respond to him.

The scenery outside the window flashed by rapidly, and while the night view was quite nice, it couldn’t catch David’s attention. The more he looked, the more annoyed he became, unable to help but grumble, “I don’t know what the Delacruz family was thinking. How did someone as stup*d, clumsy, and brainless as Haleigh get married into their family? She can’t even handle something as simple as stealing a painting!”

Although they received the penalty fee, could Boss really be short of money?

A pair of shoes with seven digits, how about that!

It’s such a pity that I couldn’t get that painting. The important one still hasn’t been found, and it’s all Gavyn’s fault!

David was holding back his frustration when suddenly, an idea struck him. He looked at Aylin with bright eyes and said, “Boss, if we really can’t get the item, why don’t you just draw a picture of it?”

He knew that he had once seen Aylin’s paintings, and to say they were astonishingly beautiful would not be an exaggeration!

Once, an anonymously published painting even caught the attention and admiration of the Queen of England, who invited Aylin to attend a royal banquet. However, Aylin, who always preferred to keep a low profile, declined the invitation.

Upon hearing the sound, Aylin didn’t speak. She just couldn’t help but clench her knuckles tightly

around the steering wheel.

“I don’t paint anymore.”

David immediately sat up straight, “Why? Boss, you’re such a great artist! Why can’t you draw anymore?”

“It’s a long story, let’s not get into it now,” Aylin didn’t want to dwell on the past at this moment. The car slowly came to a stop in front of the office building. “We’re here, let’s get out.”

David watched Aylin get out of the car with a puzzled expression, shaking his head.

Was it an illusion? Why did it feel like Boss suddenly radiated intense sadness just now?

Maybe he saw it wrong.

David shook his head as he got out of the car and followed along. Upon seeing what was ahead, he

was taken aback

Isn’t this Boss’ company? What’s Boss doing here at night, working overtime?

Aylin didn’t give David any time to h*nk the horn. As soon as she got out of the car, she rushed straight to the elevator and headed for the upper floors,

David hurriedly followed, and the lit-up floor button was indeed the one for the CEO’s office,

David became even more puzzled, but seeing the serious expression on Aylin’s face, he didn’t feel it was appropriate to continue asking questions. He could only walt for the elevator doors to open with a whooshing sound and follow behind to see what Aylin was planning to do.

And then, he saw it!

Aylin, wearing her high heels, took a few steps and reached the trash can. Then, she bent her knees, squatted down, and began rummaging through it.

David’s eyes nearly popped out of his head. Boss actually wanted to verify something by rummaging through the company’s trash cans late at night?

What’s going on here!

Naturally, the trash can in the CEO’s office was only used by Aylin, so there wasn’t much garbage in it. Aylin quickly found the discarded gift she had thrown away. Fortunately, it was still intact, with the packaging still in place.

Eagerly opening it, a beautifully framed painting with exquisite brushstrokes is revealed before my

eyes.

The vast ocean stretched out before them, its deep blue hue as clear and transparent as a precious gem. Towering waves rose up, seemingly frozen in mid-air, as if they were about to crash upon the rocky shore any second. The scene was so vivid and lifelike that one could almost feel as if they were standing right there, with the sound of the howling sea breeze echoing in their ears.

It’s undoubtedly Overview of the Sea. A hundred percent genuine!

Aylin breathed a sigh of relief, her eyes and brows softening involuntarily.

Back then, when her father was still around, he would often praise the concept and composition of this painting to her. At that time, she was somewhat reluctant to listen, but now all she could do was look at the painting and reminisce…

David was astonished. Wasn’t this the painting that Boss had always been longing for?

How did it end up in the Koch Group’s trash bin?

David moved closer and noticed that the painting was still wrapped, as if it was a gift from someone. “Boss, what’s the deal with this painting? Who sent it?”

David was dumbfounded.

David couldn’t believe it and couldn’t figure it out. He scratched his head with wide eyes and suddenly blurted out, “Boss! He’s being so unexpectedly attentive, Could it be that after the divorce, he suddenly regained his sight, realized how great you are, and wants to get back together with you?”

Aylin’s eyes quivered slightly, and then she shot a sharp glare at David, who immediately shrank back and begged for mercy.

“I shouldn’t have said that, but…”

It’s no wonder he’s overthinking.

This painting was stolen by Gavyn and then returned, making it hard not to think that he’s playing a game of cat and mouse. Perhaps it’s a tactic to attract Aylin’s attention, and it’s not impossible that he’s trying to have both ways.

“You’re overthinking it, it’s impossible.”

Aylin spoke coldly, her eyes and brows filled with a hint of mockery. “First, he doesn’t know my identity. This painting was meant as a gift to win favor with the daughter of the Koch family. Second, the only woman in his heart is someone named Laila.”

“So Boss, will you accept his friendly gesture?” David asked.

Aylin narrowed her eyes, “No way.”

If she were the daughter of the Koch family who had never met Gavyn and never been hurt by love, perhaps she would have been touched by his actions. But in the end, that’s just a hypothetical

scenario.

She is carrying too much on her shoulders now, and her grievances with Gavyn cannot be resolved with just a single painting.

She won’t let such a trivial matter soften her heart and give Gavyn a chance.

Moreover, she did not need this kind of friendly gesture.

David smacked his lips, thought for a moment, and indeed, it was true.

However, he still had his own little thoughts and cautiously asked another question, “So… Boss, if he suddenly comes to his senses, has a change of heart, and wants to make amends with you, would you give him a chance?”

“No way.”

Aylin’s expression was extremely cold. “The scars will always remain. I’m no longer the amnesiac fool I once was. Even if he realizes his mistakes, it’s only what he should do. I won’t forgive him for

That”

David’s heart was lifted when he heard Aylin say this, and he finally let it rest quietly.

Well, it seems like his brother still has a chance then.

Actually, he had a bit of a personal agenda.

After all, his brother had been walling for Aylin for so long. If there was a chance, hehe, as a younger brother, he would definitely help push things along!