Oh It's Christmassss

"Guess what day it is!" Taylor whispered, peeking through my doorway. Joe was right next to her, holding a camcorder.

I was already up, scrolling on my phone, not wanting to wake the two up, but it seemed like they had beat me to it.

We found the cats then made our way downstairs to the living room, where the tree and plenty of gifts sat. Our stockings hung up above the fireplace.

It was like I was living my past. I remember when I used to have Christmases. Before all the hospitals and pills and moving. After that my dad didn't even bother.

"Meredith should go first." I said, the tiredness still prominent in my voice.

We all helped the cats open their gifts. I helped dibbles because she may or may not be my favorite.

After the various mouse toys were opened, and the cats had Christmas hats they were trying to pry off with their paws, we started on our stockings.

There was the classic chocolate and mini perfume bottles, but Joe's stocking was suspiciously full. I watched as he poured out whatever was in his stocking.

"Coal?" He laughed.

I laughed too, already holding it in for a while. I then explained to Joe what was up.

"It's just chocolate, not actual coal!"

I found these gag gift chocolates shaped and wrapped to look like coal, and I decided to buy them and just dump them all in Joe's stocking on Christmas Eve. It had to be my greatest idea yet.

Joe was excited anyway, probably because it was 'American chocolate' as he liked to call it.

"I think Taylor should open that one first." I said, pointing to a gift Joe an I went out and got together.

I handed the gift to Taylor and she looked at me, then Joe, then we looked at each other. Taylor squinted her eyes in a suspicious way, before slowly unwrapping the small present.

A black jewelry box was revealed, and Taylor pried it open.

She stared at the gift for a moment, looked at us, then bursted into tears.

"You guys..."

Joe and I had spent forever looking for something special for Taylor, when we came across some matching bracelets.

"Dad is the moon, I'm the star, and you're the sun." I said, sitting on the couch next to Taylor, who was now putting the bracelet on and still crying. Then only cried harder when she realized the bracelets were magnets and could stick together.

Then Joe opened one of his gifts, which was a tortilla blanket. He unironically said he wanted one a while ago, so Taylor and I got it for him.

There was this gift all the way at the back of the tree, that Taylor told me to open. It was like a large triangle, and I knew exactly why it was shaped that way.

"I think I know what it is." I smiled.

I opened the present revealing a guitar case. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, just a normal guitar, maybe in a cool color, but when I unzipped the case, I gasped.

The guitar was not only pink, but also had a design on it that seemed like it was hand painted.

"Did you?-" I was going to ask if Taylor painted this herself, but she cut me off with a response.

"Yep."

"Oh my gosh..." I muttered, letting my eyes wonder around the instrument.

There were various little designs on it. The background was Andromeda, the constellation. Then there were smaller things like ballet slippers and the number 15.

"This is so cool thank you so much mom!"

"Hey, I did that one!" Joe said, pointing to a painting of a stickman family, all holding hands. He was the bald tall one, Taylor was the slightly shorter long haired one, and I was the short long haired one. The whole thing made me laugh, because it's exactly what Joe would come up with.

We opened the rest of our gifts, then Joe made some hot chocolate, and we sat and watched the movie Taylor insisted we waited until Christmas Day to watch, The Grinch.

I didn't know how to end this I have a killer headache lol

Not this story hitting #9 on Taylor and having 3k views omg 😭