Guilt

Colten's POV

The only demon I found at the club just wanted sex. She said, and I quote, "I'll be the best you've ever had." Yeah right. The best I've ever had is the only reason I'm seeking out Lucifer.

I get a group text from Brent.

Brent: found him

Me: where should we meet up

Brent: I'll tell you when after I talk to him a bit, we're working on a deal and plan

Damien: be careful

Joel: don't fuck this up

Sebastian: don't be an idiot

Garrett: call us as soon as you can

I'm still worried about Max. It's super unusual that he disappeared and hasn't reached out to us. His phone is turned off and we left him in Vegas. I have a bad feeling about it.

"What do we do now?" Garrett asked.

"I don't know, I answered." We all met back up at the hotel and were just waiting on word from Brent. I don't like the idea of him meeting up with Lucifer by himself but it's too late for that now.

After a bit of silence Sebastian spoke up, "I hope that Sophie is ok. We can assume she wasn't originally supposed to be kidnapped but she was because she was with Rose. I just don't like the idea of her being a disposable pawn."

We're all overcome with worry for the girls and the babies. Fuck graduation, and I don't care if I get fired as long as Rose, Sophie and the babies are okay.

Finally after a few hours we get a call from Brent.

Joel put the phone on speaker.

"The plan is set and the deal is made." Is all Brent said.

"What plan? What deal?" I asked.

"Don't worry about the details. Everything is taken care of. Just be thankful that Lucifer is going to help us. We got really lucky." Brent said.

"Where are we meeting?" Joel asked.

"WE aren't meeting. This is a solo mission that Lucifer is going on. He's going to make an appearance with his brother and figure something out. Either way we'll get the girls back. He said just give him a couple days." Brent said.

A couple days? That's a hell of a wait to see if this plan even works.

"Get your ass back here." Joel barked.

"Aye, aye captain." Brent answered.

Next thing we know Brent suddenly materialized in front of us.

"Damn!" Garrett jumped back at Brent's sudden appearance.

"The hardest part is going to be sitting tight and waiting." Brent said.

"What did you offer him?" Joel asked.

Brent suddenly looked uncomfortable, "don't worry about it, it was a small errand. Let's just get some rest and wait for our mate."

Maximus's POV

"I can feed my own damn self!" I snapped at Monica.

"But baby-" she started.

"Don't but baby me. I'm a grown ass man." I grabbed the fork from her and continued eating the pasta she made.

"Max, sweetheart, don't be so short with me. I love you and I'm just trying to help."

I felt bad for snapping but I couldn't take it anymore, she's treating me like a baby that can't do anything.