16 // DAY 6

The sound of the front door opening made you look over, your eyes beaming once you saw a particular blond walk in.

Currently, everyone was upstairs changing into appropriate winter clothes to be outside in the snow. Alhaitham had just gone to the downstairs bathroom, leaving you alone in the living room. Now was your chance to talk to the infamous Kaveh, a lightbulb turning on inside of your head.

"Hey, Kaveh right? They'll all be downstairs soon." You called out to the blond, startled as he wasn't expecting to be greeted by someone the moment he walked in.

"That would be me. The rest of the group will be over soon, Dehya is fixing her makeup and everyone else wanted to wait on her." He replied, shutting the door as he walked over to you, sitting on the smaller couch to your left.

It's now or never. "So I learned Alhaitham is your roommate. Is that why you pranked him the other day?" You asked, leaning back into the couch as Kaveh couldn't help but laugh at the recalling memory.

"He deserves every little bit of revenge for what he puts me through. I didn't mean to use you as a shield the other day, but I knew he wouldn't shove a girl out of the way to get to me." Kaveh apologized, sighing as he leaned forward. "Dehya told me you had to shop with that poor soul the first day."

"Oh, well it wasn't that bad." You said, narrowing your eyes as you recalled the events of last night. "Probably the most pleasant experience I've had out of all of them."

Kaveh coughed at your answer as he was surprised. "You know, next time you give someone–"

You were cut off as something whacked the back of your head, feeling a familiar vein pulse on the side of your temple. Kaveh stifled a laugh as you sat up, turning around to see Alhaitham standing behind you with an empty water bottle in his hand. You narrowed your eyes at the grey-haired male, who was giving you a look to not continue with what you were about to say. He had his dark blue winter jack hanging on one arm, wearing a matching dark blue long-sleeve shirt to go with it.

"Did I miss something?" Kaveh asked, gasping. "Don't tell me that Alhaitham hates you because you were my shield!"

"Oh, it's nothing like that at all. This one right here likes to spew nonsense like you." Alhaitham replied, sitting beside you on the couch. You shifted your gaze from him to Kaveh and refused to pay him any more attention.

"Alhaitham sitting next to someone? Am I dreaming right now?" Kaveh rubbed his eyes as he thought he had drifted off to sleep. After ten seconds of doing that, he realized that he was awake. "What did you do to him? He never just casually sits next to someone." There was a finger pointed at you, making you clench your jaw.

He's making things worse. "Dehya had a wonderful suggestion of getting close with everyone on this trip. Isn't that right (Y/N)?" Alhaitham smiled at Kaveh, who felt a chill run down his spine.

Something was going on between you two, whether it be you had shit against him or vice versa. Kaveh was going to question it but stopped himself as Mona's words popped into his head. He put his hand back down on his thigh, pulling out his phone to remove his presence. Though that failed horribly.

"Oh, yes, I do remember that Alhaitham. Which is why I'm trying to get to know Kaveh better!" You beamed, making Kaveh look up in confusion. He felt like he was stuck between two friends fighting over something.

"You don't want to get close to him. Trust me."

"That's quite funny coming from you." You retorted back, still refusing to look directly at Alhaitham.

Kaveh watched from the sidelines as the two of you retorted short comments to one another, snickering to himself quietly. Though his quiet action didn't go unheard by Alhaitham, who sent him a sharp glare that made him direct his attention back to his phone.