Chapter 36

Chapter 36 — First Move

"Is this a joke?" are the words that first leave Aaron's mouth.

It isn't an instant reply either. He takes a few moments to process what Jason has asked him, and stares at the both of them, before actually accusing them.

Now he directs his focus solely on Aaron and narrows his eyes, "If this is a joke, it's not funny at all. And I'm really done with your pranks,"

Liam is definitely going to take personal offence to this, although it is slightly understandable why he would think that.

"This is not a joke," Jason speaks up first, before Liam can bite his head off for targetedly accusing him, "We wouldn't do that to you, especially not about this,"

Liam decides to let Jason to do the talking for a while, until he is able to collect himself; it wouldn't be beneficial to any of them if he starts being petty and begins an argument at the moment.

Aaron takes in a deep breath and gives them a single nod, "Okay, then, what exactly are you implying right now?"

Jason lifts his shoulder, "Exactly what I said. That we like you — the both of us, and we'd like to date you,"

"You want to have a threesome?" he asks abrasively.

Jason's cheeks instantly turn red, and he looks at his boyfriend for help. Liam can't help but be amused at the former's easy embarrassment.

"Maybe eventually, if everything works out," Liam responds casually, which only elicits a cough from Jason — his whole face is red now, and he has his hand fisted and placed against his lips, keeping his eyes strictly down cast.

Aaron and Liam continue their discussion. The former still hasn't stormed off, so it's a good sign.

"Are you guys polyamorous?" Aaron finally asks the right question.

Liam nods.

"Since when?"

"What do you mean since when?" he asks confused.

However, Aaron does not answer the question and is now looking at Jason with a conflicted expression before he slaps his forehead and drags it over his hair, "Ah, fuck,"

"Penny for your thoughts?" Liam tries, grimacing.

He didn't really expect Aaron to answer and is surprised when he does.

"It's just..." he sighs, and once again turns to Jason, who by the way still has not looked up, "Jason,"

Now he looks up.

Aaron continues, "I never told you why I broke up with you,"

"No, you didn't. And it's fine; you don–" Jason starts to say, but Aaron interrupts him.

"It's because I started liking someone else when we were still seeing each other,"

"Oh,"

"No, no. It's not like that. I still liked you and wanted to keep seeing you, but I liked that other person too, and I was really confused, and I thought it wasn't fair to you, so I broke up with you,"

"Why didn't you just talk to me?"

Aaron shrugs, "You know me — I don't like to share my problems,"

Jason rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

"Wait, wait, wait," Liam chimes in, "So, all about the no-dating-between-colleagues have been complete bullshit?"