Chapter 19

a/n: an extra update to make up for me not updating last week (idk when my days got so hectic lolll) alsoooo, before i forget, happy pride everyone !!! i love all of you 💕💕💕

֍֍֍

Chapter 19 — Non-Discreet Stalking

The walk back to their office after lunch is filled with this weird, tense silence. Actually, Jason has been weirdly silent ever since Liam brought up the topic about Aaron.

Liam does try to divert the topic but it seems like Jason's mind is completely somewhere else.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you later," Liam once says once they reach their floor and they have to part ways.

Jason nods, with a barely there smile but just as Liam turns around, he grabs his wrist, stopping him.

"Wait,"

Liam faces with raised eyebrows, his curious immediately piquing. Is he going to tell what's bothering him or is he really going to make him dig around for it? Liam fervently hopes it's the former — he really hates digging around; he's not a nosy person, he just can't help it.

"There's something I think it's better if I tell you,"

Liam nods, silently encouraging him to continue. He tries to not show just how eager he is to hear what he has to say.

"About Aaron,"

So, there is something between them.

"Um..." Jason's eyes flit once over his shoulder and Liam to turns to see if there's someone behind him, or anywhere around them — there's no one within hearing vicinity as far as Liam can tell, "I... We used to go out?"

There's no use masking the suspense that overtakes Liam. Whatever he was thinking, he certainly wasn't expecting the man to say that. His eyes grow double its size and he has to force himself to not gape.

"Are you asking me a question or–,"

"Yeah, no," Jason scratches the back of his head, trying again, "We used to go out. I'm telling you that,"

"You and Aaron, our boss,"

"Yep,"

"Went out," Liam has to say it out loud for him to be able to process the information, "As in you guys dated,"

"Yeah, but it was a while back,"

"How while back if I may ask?" Liam only added the last part out of formality — he actually wants to know that.

"Just–" Jason shakes his head, pushing his hair back away from his forehead, "It doesn't really matter now. I just wanted to be straight with you from the start,"

"That's not possible,"

"What?"

"You can't be straight with me — you know because..." he wags a finger between them, making a poor attempt of a joke, "...gay," he immediately regrets saying that, shaking his head, "Stupid. That's stupid. Just ignore that,"

"Heh," Jason chuckles, nodding, "Right,"

"Wh– I thought–" Liam shuts his mouth instead of blubbering like an idiot, trying to get his thoughts in a proper order before he says something.

He squints his eyes, taking a closer at his new boyfriend and then thinks back to his boss — he certainly never made the connection that there could have been something between the two of them. Liam doesn't think he even saw them cross paths all that much; now with this new information in his grasp, he wonders if maybe that's intentional.