(52) Ignoring Me

Y/N POV:

I sat in my chair, fidgeting with my fingers. I had decided that today was the day, the day I'd finally confess, to the person I truly like. 

I glared at the door, waiting for Bakugo and Denki to walk through. They were late, and it all had me wondering. What in the world were they talking about?

As I layed my face onto the desk, looking outside the window, I heard a familiar voice. "We're late. We got caught up outside by a crowd of girls." I sat up straight in my seat, alarmed and ready to say something, but Mr. Aizawa shushed me. "Fine. I won't mark either of you late for today but make sure you make it to class on time in the future."

Denki nodded his head. "I will."

Bakugo on the other hand, threw his bag onto the floor, and yanked out his chair from the table. It felt like I could see an aura of fire surrounding him. His eyebrows were narrowed and his crimson eyes burned with fury. The class knew better than to say or do anything and stayed completely silent, even Kirishima didn't challenge Bakugo when he was like this.

I roamed my eyes around the room, waiting for Bakugo to make eye contact with me like usual, but he never did. Instead, it was Denki's eyes who met mine.

I smiled and waved in his direction, tapping my foot continuously on the ground. 

Something was wrong..and it most likely had to do with Denki. But there was no way to find out what they talked about.. I sat back in my chair. The tension in the room was so high, that it felt dangerous to approach Bakugo or interact with him in any way, even for me. 

Mr. Aizawa looked at me, seemingly trying to ask me what was wrong with him. I shrugged and pointed at Bakugo trying to get him to break the silence. He rolled his eyes and hesitantly cleared his throat. "Soooo Bakugo...why were you and Y/n a-absent yesterday?" Bakugo put his feet on the desk, something he used to do when I first met him. "I skipped." Mr. Aizawa raised an eyebrow, looking at me. "And you?" "H-Huh?" I was shaken out of my daze. "Oh, I- uh- had to take care of a sick f-family member." 

Bakugo glared at the floor. Something was definitely wrong, and it scared me. 

"Well," Mr. Aizawa retreated into the safety of his sleeping bag. "You guys can do whatever you want just don't make too much noise.."

As more conversation filled the room up, Bakugo's tense expression softened. 

I waited for the first sound of laughter then immediately ran up to him, poking his arm. "Bakugo. What's wrong.." He brushed me off. "Leave me the hell alone. I don't want to talk to you." "But-" I protested, but he just raised his voice. "JESUS. WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING?! DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME?! ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB?! ..I SAID GET AWAY!"  

As a tear swelled up in my eye he walked out the door, leaving me with Denki. 

"Don't worry about him, he'll be fine." He wiped the tear from my face. "Sooo uh, would you like to go with me to CA National Park?" He stammered. "If you're willing to go with me, I'll come pick you up at 8." My voice cracked. "S-Sure. But you don't need to pick me up, I'll go by myself." 

Even while talking to Denki..the only person on my mind was Bakugo.

Another tear rushed down my eye as I scrambled out the door looking for him. 

I panted as the following words repeated themselves inside my head:

The person I like is Katsuki Bakugou.