(45) Preparation

BAKUGO POV:

By the time I woke up the next day it was already 3 in the afternoon. I tried to get up off the bed but someone was holding me in place.

"Shit, y/n.." I silently cursed under my breath. "I have to get up now it's already 3 pm." She furrowed her eyebrows while keeping her eyes closed as she quickly locked our ankles and red covered my face. "Shut up...can you just get up later?" I wiggled out of her grip. "You realize the dance is today right? Don't you have to get ready or something?" She jolted up off the bed accidentally head butting my chin. "Oh yeah the dance!" I rubbed my chin, "OW! I'm bleeding you know!" She cheekily ran to the bathroom, grabbing a towel from my chair and slamming the door shut. "Oops, well you'll be fine, I need to start getting ready!!! Eeeee!"

"Tch," I mumbled. "Is she that excited to go with Denki? She did say yes to him...right?"

I got out my phone and found his contacts in my messages.

Bakugo: Denki, what did Y/n say to you about the dance? She said yes right?                                *Read 2 minutes ago*                                                                                                                      Bakugo: PIKACHU!                                                                                                                                            Denki: Chill, she was supposed to meet me after class but I don't know..she forgot to meet me.

I covered my face with my hands. Holy shit...that means that...that guy she was holding. If it wasn't Denki...then who the hell was it?!

Another message popped up on my phone screen.

Denki: B-BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN SHOOT YOUR SHOT.
Bakugo: Wdym, that's my girl anyway! Stay away and go find someone else.
Denki: Whatever, I'm confessing by the end of the week, so don't act like she's yours already.
Bakugo: Damn you, you darned bastard-!

Y/N POV:

Sweat dripped down my face as I hesitated on the doorknob before reluctantly pushing the door open, nearly tripping over in my heels.

Bakugo was sitting at the edge of his bed looking down at his phone before he raised his eyes up to see me. "What..is there something wrong with the dress...or no...the heels?! Right it's the heels! I'll go change-" "No." His whole body practically froze, causing mine to do the same as his eyes widened in pure astonishment. "No..what?" He left me with no response but instead made hard eye contact with me, letting his crimson tinted eyes drink me in. 

It was something about the way he looked at me that suddenly made my body feel hot and overly conscious about the parts of my body that were exposed through the design of the dress. My eyes instinctively darted to the floor as a few strands of hair dropped down at my face.

I hesitantly looked up with my cheeks covered in different shades of red. It surprised that he was still staring. There was no way to tell what he was thinking. I took a step closer mustering up the courage to ask him to go with me to the dance. "Bakugo I-"

*ding ding ding*

Are you kidding me right now?! He whipped his head around to the bedroom door. "C'mon let's go see who it is." I sighed. Really universe, now is the time you want people to ring the bell?!

I slowly followed behind him as he raced down the stairs and swung the door open. "Bakugo, who is it?" I yelled from the stairs. But he just stood there frozen in place as yellow strands of hair caught my eye. "Ryu!!!" I ran to the door, pushing Bakugo out the way as I jumped onto Ryu.

Bakugo, who finally snapped out of his daze, scoffed. "What the hell was that for? And why the hell are you getting so close with him? 

Ryu took a step inside the house and patted Bakugo's head, turning him into a cute blubbering mess. "H-How dare y-you...Y/n who the hell even is this man?" Ryu brought me closer to him.

"That's Ryu, my older brother by 4 years."