chapter 25

In class Alya and Nino kept texting each other, Marinette got curious after several minutes passed and her best friend STILL typed on her phone.
"Who are you texting?" She asked, peeking over her shoulder.

"Nino." Alya answered and continued typing unbothered by Marinette peeking into the messages.

"Why are you two talking about Adri-" "-Shhht"
Marinette stopped for a second.
"Why are you talking about Adrien and (Name)?", she then asked again, but this time she whispered.
Alya smiled and showed her what they were talking about, "It seems like Adrien and (Name) act a bit flustered around each other.. if you get what I mean."
Marinette gasped lightly and looked at Adrien, then turned around to look at (Name).

"You really think so?", she whispered excited.
Marinette sees (Name) as a really close person to her.
And of course she knows that Adrien is a good person, she wanted him for a while herself so hearing that (Name) took interest in him made her happy.

It's like two of her favourite people becoming each others favourite people.

Alya shushed her again and nodded.
"Me and Nino were watching this morning, they were stuttering and waving around like crazy."
Marinette smiled at the imagination, especially since she never saw (Name) that flustered herself.

"Ohhh..~ I wish I could've seen it myself!", she whined a bit, bummed out that she couldn't see the entertainment that her friends got to see.

(Name) was sneezing again.
Nathaniel chuckled, "Someone's talking about you again?"
They sniffed grumpily, "Definitely."

Adrien was shivering.
"Hey Nino, is it just me or did it suddenly get really cold in here?", Nino, not looking up from his phone snickered at him.
"Maybe someone's talking about you, who knows?"
"Why would someone talk about me though?" Adrien asked confused, Nino hid his phone and shrugged.

"No idea man."

_______________________________

When the bell rang for break time Adrien and (Name) went back to normal and didnt have their awkward tension around each other anymore.

Marinette, Nino and Alya were watching Adrien and (Name).

They weren't together or anything.

Adrien was talking to someone who wanted to take a picture with him and (Name) was walking around with Nathaniel and Mark.

The trio sighed, "How exactly do we play cupid if neither of them are talking to each other?" Marinette asked the couple beside her.

"Well, me and Nino got together when Ladybug locked us up in the same zoo cage." Alya pointed out, Nino nodded, "That was very traumatic though, so I don't recommend.", he commented making Alya nod in agreement.

Marinette thought for a while, then decided to ask the person who knows (Name) better than the three of them all together.

Nathaniel.

_______________________________

So the trio waited until school ended.
Nathaniel has an after school club.

That's where they were going.
They made sure neither (Name) or Adrien would find out about any of this and waited until both of them went home.

Entering the club they immediately went to Nathaniel.

"We need your help." Marinette said, Alya and Nino right beside her.

Nathaniel nervously followed them.
What is up with this weird tension..?

Arriving at a place where only the four of them were, they started asking questions.

"You're close with (Name), right?"

He was now looking at them confused.
"Yeah?"

"Do they tell you much about their private life?"

"Well, I think so."
He shrugged. He's pretty sure that they tell him about everything that happens to them throughout the day, but you never know.

"So would you know about it if they had a crush on someone?"

He chuckled, smiling slightly.
"Oh yeah, definitely."

The three smiled at each other and then turned their attention back to Nathaniel.

"So you know that (Name) likes Adrien, right?" Alya asked excited.

But her excitement disappeared once Nathaniel bursted out laughing.

When he noticed that no one else laughed he looked at them worried, "Oh, you're being serious."

Marinette asked him, "Do you know if they like him?"
Nathaniel shook his head, "I think you guys might have misunderstood something." He put his hands up as a sign to slow them down.

"(Name) hates people like Adrien. They're only starting to warm up to him now."

The three were standing still for a few seconds.

"Yeah that sounds like (Name).", Marinette sighed.

"It does, but they were so flustered around him today."
Nino pondered.

"They were?" Nathaniel asked.

Never has he seen (Name) get flustered around someone.
Except when ordering food and they mess up their order.

"Totally! They were both blushing and stammering around! Waving their hands in the air and laughing the whole time!"
Alya explained exactly what she saw.

"Oh yeah it was a very awkward moment to see." Nino stated.
"And a very awkward tension we had to step into." Alya added.

Nathaniel's jaw was on the floor.
Well, not literally, but his mouth was wide open.

"Well that's certainly a surprise."

"THAT'S THE ONLY THING YOU GOT TO SAY ABOUT THIS?!" Alya exclaimed hysterically.

"I don't know anything about (Name) having feelings for Adrien! I mean if you tell me a story like that it could be possible but I don't know anything about it."
Nathaniel excused, raising his hands in defense.

"Well, do you know what we could do to set those two up?" Alya asked.

"How about letting them be-"
"No."
"Just don't lock (Name) somewhere up, they've had enough of getting locked up."

"Damn it!"

"Why would you even consider that, Marinette???"

_______________________________

(Name) scrolled through their phone.

Sneezing again.

At this point it's the weather.

Now they were annoyed while scrolling through their phone.

_______________________________

Adrien, who was on his way to (Name)'s place transformed as Chat Noir, couldn't stop shivering.

Seriously why is it so cold??

Arriving at (Name)'s place, Chat Noir immediately grabbed a blanket and rolled himself in it.

"You seem cold." (Name) pointed out, smirking a bit confused.

But then they sneezed again and they cursed.

"God damn it!"

"Well maybe you're cold too." He pointed at them, smiling.

"Whatever."