51. 𝘕𝘖𝘛 𝘈𝘓𝘓 𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘖𝘌𝘚 𝘞𝘌𝘈𝘙 𝘊𝘈𝘗𝘌𝘚, 𝘊𝘈𝘗𝘌𝘚 𝘈𝘙𝘌 𝘛𝘈𝘊𝘒𝘠

"You here to finish me off sweetheart?" Maneater smiled weakly. Y/n tilted her head with a smirk. "Something like that." She began to walk towards him. "I'm here to finish off Maneater. And bring back Shinjiro." He scowled, clenching his fist. "There is no Shinjiro anymore... Let me do what I need to do and don't put yourself into further danger by fighting me." His fist erupted into dark red flames and he bolted towards her as fast as he could with his feet sinking into the sand. Y/n held her ground when he jumped at her with his fist raised, and she grinned lightly when the flames flickered out seconds before his fist collided with her palm.

"Well. That's unfortunate." Her silky voice mused, making him growl. His body was flung back when she used her quirk to shove his fist away. He cursed as he slid across the sand. Y/n frowned when he sunk his hand into the sand. A few chains exploded out of the sand behind her and wrapped themselves around her torso, confining her arms to her side. "You think this'll-" Y/n's voice was cut off by a shout when she felt a surge of electricity zap her through the metal. "I'm- I'm sorry but I really need to get to them and-" "You see?" She panted on her knees. "M-Maneater wouldn't have ap-poligized! Shinjiro is still there!" She shivered and stuttered from the electric shock.

"How are you still so adamant on helping 'Shinjiro'? I don't need him! Hero society is poisonous and corrupt, and should be wiped and restarted." He clenched his fist, tightening the chains around her when he noticed her begin to stir and get off her knees. "And yet.. You just apologised to me and I fought for them to not execute you after your interrogation." Y/n smiled, her knees wobbling as she rose from the sand and tried to stand. "But that's you. You're different. Do you deny that all of these people, claiming to be heroes, are cruel?" Maneater asked. Y/n grunted, reusing the energy that she absorbed through being electrocuted to break the chains.

She massaged her arms where the chains used to be and shook her head. "No. I've been cruel. I've experienced cruelty at the hands of heroes. It's a cruel world. Maybe all heroes should be abolished and deserve to die." Y/n sighed, looking at the course sand in front of her, coating her boots and suit. She looked up at Maneater, who was still on the ground a good few metres away from her and was listening carefully. "But maybe, just maybe, we could get better too. Look at it this way, if you kill all the 'bad' heroes, which in your opinion is 99% of heroes, you'll put an end to hero cruelty. But then.." She moved in his direction, stretching a hand out to help him up.

"You'll put an end to hero kindness too." When she smiled, Maneater grimaced. He accepted her hand and got up. "I know that you're intelligent, Y/n. So why? Why do you choose to blindly believe in something that barely exists..?" His eyes held desperation, no matter how much he tried he could never really understand the way she thinks. "...Society and heroes are weird. They think good and evil, chaos and order, heroes and villains, all that stuff– are opposites. Most of them want to control things that can't be controlled, like the creation of someone who riot against orders." Y/n turned, staring at the sunset ahead. Maneater kept his eyes on her, though.

"But there's always some good intentions in their actions. I think you missed that part." She hummed. At that moment, she was thinking of her father, how he abandoned all to be with her mother and died to protect her even though Y/n was the reason she died. Of her teacher, who died refusing information about her to protect her from villains. Of her best friend, and how he put himself through so much pain just to stay by her side. And of course, her love, who swore to keep her from harming herself repeatedly even if it meant risking himself. There were still good people with good intentions, she thought, and people with good intentions who go about them in the wrong way.

"The HRS.. we're already helping the police work on arresting and rehabilitating the rest of the members. It's fine. You just have to worry about helping him now."