14. 𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘏𝘈𝘋𝘌𝘚 𝘖𝘍 𝘔𝘠 𝘖𝘞𝘕 𝘉𝘓𝘖𝘖𝘋

Y/n stumbled back in shock as he disappeared, her hand hovering above the bloody wound on her stomach. "What just..." She muttered. This was all so confusing to her, first the news about her mentor, then the corpses, then everything Maneater said and now this. She walked back into the room that she ran into him in, she wanted to check if there was any chance that anyone was alive, even if she was sure that no one survived Maneater. But she was desperate, and she hung onto false hope.

She entered the room through the giant hole that was caused by the explosion and knelt by one of the bodies, checking for a pulse. Nothing. None of them were alive, just as she thought. "L/n! Where are you!" She heard Midoriya shout from a distance. Y/n panicked, she didn't want him to see her injured, he'd start worrying too much and she didn't want any attention at the moment. She just wanted to be alone and in bed, sleeping peacefully forever.

"Here you are! What happened? Are you okay? Are you bleeding?" He panted, holding onto the wall for support. "I'm fine. I ran into Maneater, that's all, but he disappeared." She muttered, walking past him. She just wanted to leave the building and get away from all the bodies. "L/n the blood-" "It's not mine." She cut him off, glancing back at the corpses. "I was checking if anyone was alive and got some blood on me. Let's get out of here, please."

Midoriya pursed his lips, sensing how bothered Y/n was. He didn't want to cause her further anguish so he just nodded along and led her out the building. As soon as they stepped out of the building, cops entered to search for survivors. "What happened in there?" The chief of police asked. "Kinetika ran into Maneater and they fought for a while before he teleported away.." Midoriya answered on behalf of Y/n.

"Any survivors?" The chief asked one of his men. The officer shook his head. "Twenty three total deaths sir." Midoriya and Y/n looked down, they both felt partially guilty for all the deaths even though they all died before the two even knew about Maneater being in the area.

"You did your best, please, go get some rest.." The chief sighed, patting the two young heroes on their backs. "You're staying at Kacchan's agency right?" Midoriya asked when the chief left them alone. "Yeah." She sighed. "Do you want a ride? The chief said he'd lend us his car, I can drive you there-" "It's fine Midoriya. I can get there. I just want to be alone for a little bit to clear my mind after all of this.." Midoriya nodded sympathetically and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Of course. Just call me if you need anything. And I'm sure Kacchan can put his pettiness aside for a minute to help if you ask him to." Y/n nodded. "Goodnight Midoriya." "Goodnight L/n." She walked away, glancing at the library one last time before activating her quirk and leaving the area.

As she jumped from roof to roof she felt her energy deteriorating, and it was getting harder and harder to focus on her surroundings so she knew she had to get to the agency soon. She spent the last of her energy concentrating on which paths she had to take along with making sure she didn't slip and fall from one of the roofs. The streets were almost empty, apart from a few stray cats here and there. Everyone was asleep since it was well past midnight at this point.

"Finally.." She huffed as she reached the agency. Ignoring the concerned looks from the employees working their night shifts, she dragged herself into the elevator. A soft 'ding' was heard when she finally reached her floor and the doors slid open. She stumbled out, her hand gripping the closest surface. All the energy she wasted throwing punches at Maneater and missing along with the bleeding that was getting to her head.

She smiled when she saw the door to her room, mentally cheering herself for making it at last. After struggling to open the door, she finally succeeded. She then found a lamp, letting out an annoyed grunt as the light blinded her eyes momentarily. She glanced down to examine her wound after her eyes finally adjusted to the light. 'I'm gonna have to stitch this up...' She thought with a grimace on her face.

"You're in the wrong room, dipshit."

Y/n let out a quiet gasp. She glanced at Bakugou, who was leaning on the wall with an annoyed look on his face. "Bakugou. Sorry. I just have to get to the bathroom, just give me a few minutes and I'll leave. It's urgent." She muttered quickly, leaning on the counter for support as she put pressure on her wound. "Wha-" He paused, noticing the blood dripping from her hand and onto the floor. "Who did this to you?"

She met his gaze, staring for a few seconds before shaking her head and stumbling away to find the bathroom. "It's not like you care.." Breathing heavily, she opened the cabinet and tried to reach for the first aid kit, but the sudden movement sent a wave of pain through her body and she hissed, gripping the counter tightly and leaving a bloody handprint in the process.

A small whimper left her mouth as she felt sudden stabs of pain and she bit on the collar of her suit to suppress any other noises. She let out a small gasp of surprise as she felt Bakugou's chest press against her back and grab the first aid kit for her. Pursing her lips, she grabbed it from his hand. She stumbled at the weight of the kit and fell into his chest. "What the hell happened to you out there..?" He whispered, helping her stand.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Dismissed Y/n. He raised his eyebrows in disbelief but she ignored him, leaning on the sink and opening the kit to clean and stitch herself up. She hissed as the cloth touched her and Bakugou shook his head. He layed Y/n on the cold bathroom floor and grabbed the cloth from her. The pain distracted her from fighting back so he was able to lay her down without problem.

He kneeled next to her, dabbing her wound slowly and carefully. "I.. I can do it myself.." She croaked. Bakugou stared into her eyes and smiled. "Sure you can." He said, continuing to dab her wound. "So you gonna tell me what happened or should I leave to bleed out on my bathroom floor?" He sighed. "You're.. An ass.." She gasped between stings of pain. "I'm the one helping you right now so I'd say I'm pretty damn nice."

"That creep Maneater attacked- Ouch-" Bakugou's teasing smirk dropped and his hand paused for a second, hovering above Y/n's wound. "What?" He asked, continuing to do his work. "He attacked... Library nearby.. Killed twenty three, no survivors- Ah! I had to f- ah- fight him.." He pursed his lips, reaching for a needle. "And he got away?" "Y-yeah. Oh fuck-" She hissed, her hand gripped Bakugou's thigh tightly to distract herself.

Surprisingly, instead of insulting her, Bakugou actually let her hold him. "Stay still..." He muttered gently, taking Y/n by surprise. He worked quickly, sparing her too much pain. When he got done with stitching her up he got up and strode to his room, taking out a pair of pants and a shirt of his own for Y/n to dress herself after he bandages her. "Alright L/n, I'm gonna need you to sit up so I can bandage you properly." He was met with silence. "L/n?" He called out again, nothing.

He entered the room to see her peacefully sleeping. He sighed and sat her up, placing her between his legs and laying her head on his shoulder. "The shit I do for her.. it's like I'm her damn babysitter.. no wonder she gets along with Deku.." He muttered through gritted teeth as he tore through her suit with scissors to access her torso better and bandage her up. Bakugou quickly wrapped her up with the white fabric and sighed.

"I can't leave her with all these bloody clothes.." He whispered to himself. His eyes drifted to the clothes next to him that he took out for her and he groaned. "This fucking woman..." He mumbled, reaching for the clothes. Bakugou closed his eyes, taking her suit off carefully and making sure he didn't peek. His hand searched for the shirt and grabbed it. "C'mon.." He whispered, getting the shirt over her head.

When the shirt was on he sighed, it was time for the pants. He patted the ground until he reached them and struggled greatly while putting them on. He didn't want to look at her without her consent and he had to be careful with her stitches. He cheered himself silently when he opened his eyes after she was fully clothed. "You better pay me for this.." He whispered, glaring at her sleeping form.

A yawn escaped his lips. 'I'm just gonna close my eyes for a second.. Then I'll carry her to her room or something...' He thought to himself, leaning against the bathroom wall with Y/n still on his lap. His vermillion eyes fluttered shut and he sighed. 'Just a few more seconds...'

Those few seconds stretched until morning.