37. 𝘏𝘌𝘓𝘗 𝘕𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘌𝘋

The two ended up with minimal sleep, but it's not like they weren't used to it, they were heroes after all. Katsuki woke up first. He glanced at Y/n, who was still laying in bed. The blanket was drawn around her waist while she laid on her stomach, her shirt risen and exposing the skin below her shoulder blades. Her (colour) eyes opened suddenly, slightly startling him. "Stop staring at me Katsu, you look crazy.." She mumbled into the pillow. "Shut up.." He rolled his eyes. She smiled mischievously before pushing herself up, pecking his cheek and jumping out of bed.

Katsuki's eyes were wide as he stared at Y/n stretching with her arms above her head, her face slightly scrunched up. He was still in disbelief, over everything. Over what happened yesterday, over her reaction, over the results of his actions. He thought he'd take his feelings to the grave, not confess them. Jokes on him, she never thought he'd get the guts to actually confess. She was actually considering doing it herself because he'd never do it himself.

"Here, some casual clothes. We can change back to our hero suits on the plane back but I have to make a visit." She hummed, throwing some clothes onto his lap- "Well– we. Unless you want to stroll around till I pick you up? The Santa monica pier is not too far away and there's a nice view-" "Let's just go.." He interrupted, wanting to spare himself the embarrassment of walking around alone like a tourist. "If you say so. But I have to show you around someday, it's very fun to jump around at night in the city, although I do prefer New York for that.."

While she drove to the location that she never disclosed, he listened to her whilst she ranted about all sorts of places that she loved to patrol, it was much more preferred than the radio. It fascinated him, how a hero of her rank and fame was so connected with all the different communities in the country. To any other hero, being connected to the locals and their areas is a trivial matter. Usually someone of her rank would be more focused on commercial image.

Katsuki was slightly confused when she parked her car at the entrance of a giant building with a sign that said 'NATIONAL HERO ACADEMY'. "This is.. Your old school right? Why the hell are we here?" He pondered behind her. She didn't respond and kept walking with her head held down, her face unrecognisable under the cap, glasses and mask. Katsuki got dragged by his hand right behind her, he was also in 'disguise' but his mask rested under his chin. While the two were shuffling through the semi-empty halls, they walked past a wall full of photos.

There was a sign that said 'WALL OF ONES', and under was a bunch of framed photos. The majority of the people were men, except for two photos. One of a woman slightly familiar to him, and one of a younger Y/n standing on top of a podium with a golden first place medal in her hand. Y/n noticed him staring. "It's a wall of all the heroes that have gone to this school and made it to number one. That's Stars and Stripes, she was one of the reasons I wanted to be a Hero. My own All Might if you will." She chuckled. "And that's a picture of me at the Young-Hero-Olympics contest."

"The what?" He asked as they continued walking to the location she never disclosed. "It's like a contest for hero students. We compete with lots of schools across the states." Y/n explained. "It's like your sports festival. But it's not exclusive to this school." She added. "You know about the sports festival?" Katsuki asked, confused. "Yeah, Shoto told me all about it." "Ugh.." "Don't worry it was a really cool fight, even if you didn't win in the way you wanted to." She started laughing again when he groaned louder to her response.

"Hello L/n." A teacher muttered while walking past the two. "Oh hey Miss Harris.." Y/n beamed under the mask, but her face dropped seconds later. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone." The teacher responded before Y/n could ask, making her sigh in relief. "Thank you! Have a nice day!" "Will do." Katsuki smiled at how skittish she still is around her teacher. "That was close. Maybe next time you should laugh louder." He snarked, making her send him a glare.