39. 𝘔𝘈𝘕 𝘐𝘕 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘐𝘙

"BENJI!!" Y/n called out. Using his phone, she tracked his location after calling the ambulance just like he taught her. She didn't trust that they'd get there quickly enough so she took it into her own hands and activated her quirk, jumping from building to building. When Y/n saw smoke, she lept in its direction, and it led her to a horrible view. The source of the smoke was Benji's car, which had swerved into a pole. The cause was still a mystery, but that was the last thing she was thinking of while she hopped off the building she was standing on and scrambled to the driver's seat.

"Fuck fuck fuck.. Benji, are you awake? Can you hear me?" She asked while frantically trying to pry the damaged door open. "Fucking.. Ugh-!" Y/n grunted, falling back onto the shattered glass as the door gave out. She glanced at the blood that was starting to seep out of her hands and cursed, wiping the red liquid onto her white suit and fumbling to stand up again. She had pulled the door straight off its hinges, and it revealed the unconscious Benji with his bleeding head laying on the inflated airbag. There was blood trailing down his forehead and nose. Which scared the shit out of Y/n.

Her heart rate slowed a bit when she discovered that there was a pulse. "Thank god.. I'll get you out of here I swear just hold on for me okay?" She clicked off his seat belt and placed her arms under his to pull him out, but she paused, realising that his legs were stuck. "Oh fuck.." Her vision got blurry when she inspected the situation further. During her hero training, she was given many paramedic courses, and she knew that she had to do something that she didn't particularly want to do to get him out of the car.

Given that he was stuck, she'd have to break his legs to get him out before he could bleed out in the car. It was either her or the paramedics, and they hadn't arrived there yet so it had to be her. She couldn't just sit around and wait for them, this would save Benji a lot of time. "I'm so sorry.." She sniffled. Crack. "Oh god.. I didn't mean f-for things to get this way.. I.." Y/n sobbed. She used her bloody hand to wipe away the tears and snot from her face so that she could see properly. Crack. "I'm so so sorry.. sob I didn't.. I.. sob fuck.."

Y/n was choked up with tears while she pulled him out of the vehicle. She checked his body for injuries other than the ones she caused. A few broken ribs, a broken pelvis, and a probable concussion. She had failed to protect the person who meant everything to her, who had worked his ass off to make sure that she'd gotten in the position she was in. And throughout all that time, she had caused him nothing but pain and worry. 'What a hero, am I right..' She thought, pushing away Benji's messy blond curls away from his forehead, which was wet with blood.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so so fucking sorry.."

Red and blue lights hit Y/n's eyes, making her flinch. They took him from her arms, hauling him into the ambulance. "Are you alri-" "I'm fine. Just hurry and drive him to a hospital. I'll be right behind you just go!" "Your hands ma'am-" "This is an order!" She raised her voice. The medics nodded, and Y/n slumped on the undamaged side of the car hood. Her hands landed in a small pool of water which she used her suit to dry off. The American flag tied to her wrist was now almost completely drenched in blood.

Her face was blank as she watched the medics drive off. "Fuck!" She yelled, slamming her fist into the car and damaging it even further. But she couldn't care less. Not right now. Using her quirk, she got ahead of the ambulance, redirecting cars that would get in its way and making sure that the road was clear. It didn't take long to get to the hospital thanks to her help. "Ma'am, you're going to have to stay in the waiting room so that we can take care of him." A nurse said, pulling Y/n away from Benji's stretcher.

"But-" "Y/n! What happened?" Katsuki called out from behind her, grabbing her arm and pulling her into a hug. "It's all my fault." She muttered, breaking down in his arms. "Come on.." He whispered, taking her to sit down in a more private waiting area. He let her cry as much as she needed into his shoulder while he ran his hand down her back comfortingly. "How could it possibly be your fault Y/n, it was an accident." "No, h-he drives when he's upset. If I hadn't been so careless about his feelings and myself h-he wouldn't have- A-and then I had to b..break h-his legs and.."