Baby shower

Originally posted May, 7, 2021.

*Continuing the shot 1+1=3.

"Hi, Carina. How's Aunt Andy's princess?", Herrera said excitedly, approaching the doctor and passing her hand over her belly.

Carina had just arrived at the Station to pick up Maya and found Herrera in front of her office.

"Growing up a lot", The doctor replied as she looked from her belly to the woman in front of her. "Do you know where Maya is?" Carina said, noticing that her girlfriend wasn't in her office.

"She is in the kitchen. I'll go there with you."

"Okay, thanks." Carina thanked her with a cordial smile.

The two continued talking until they reached the kitchen. Andy opened the door and said:

"Look who I found", the firefighter let Carina enter and left immediately leaving the two alone.

Maya was standing in front of the open fridge and just cracked a smile at the sight of her girlfriend.

"Good morning, my love", The firefighter said with a huge smile on her face.

"Buongiorno, bambina", Carina said going towards the blonde and placing a soft kiss on her lips when they met halfway.

"Did you sleep well? How is my baby?", Maya's hands slipped affectionately on Carina's belly.

"I barely slept. Your baby kicked my ribs all night. Plus my back hurts because she's huge", Carina complained walking a little with to sit down in the bench in front of the kitchen island. Standing for too long wasn't her favorite thing with that big bump.

"Ow, my love. I'll give you a massage when we got home, ok?", Maya approached hugging the wife from behind kissing her neck. "So... maybe it's time for you to stop working?", After a pause she suggested, sitting on the bench next to the brunette.

"No. I'm great. And I'm not doing labors. Only gynecological appointments so there is not much effort", Carina quickly said.

They still had more than a month to go and Carina didn't even want to imagine staying at home all day for that long. Sure sometimes she would feel exhausted and very sleepy on the 24 hour shifts but she would never let Maya know that.

"Isn't 24 hours on a shift a lot of effort?", Maya said ironically.

"I'm basically sitting all the time, Maya. There's no reason for you to be concerned. Also, you've been trying to convince me to stop working since the second month of pregnancy."

"I worry about you", Maya said taking her hand to Carina's.

"I know, but... do you want me to quit my job and stay home and do nothing? You know I would go crazy If I had to stare at those walls all day every day."

"You can come to the Station with me whenever you want", Maya said.

"You won't want me by your side all day with all the pregnancy hormones. Believe me" the doctor said laughing. She knew Maya was just worried, but there was no danger in her work.

"We have an appointment today", Maya said getting up and going to the other side to serve coffee in a mug.

"Yeah, let's see if your baby will make it easier for us to have a normal birth or if she's stubborn like you.

"Okay, I'm the stubborn one?", the blonde stopped pouring the coffee to give a look to Carina. "I'm not prepared for the birth day at all", Maya return sitting next to Carina now holding her mug of coffee.